The volunteers at Eastern Berks Fire have responded to 25 calls for service in the last ten days.
Day or night, rain, snow, wind or sun, we are there for you.
Starting from this morning and working backwards they are:
- Mar 4 – 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA with injuries in the 600 block of Main St in Bally
- Mar 4 – 97 sent at 0514 for wires blocking Dale Road in Washington as a result of the winter storm. Deputy 97 investigated and had Utility 97 set up barricades
- Mar 4 – 39, 58, 97, 21 and 505 sent at 0246 hours in heavy snow and icy roads for a structure fire on Township Road in Hereford
- Mar 4 – 97 sent at 0206 hours to investigate wires blocking 5th Street in Bally. Lt 97-1 investigated and told Berks the road was blocked and we would barricade.
- Mar 3 – 97 sent at 20121 hours for trees and wires on Pheasant Road in Bechtelsville during heavy snow. Deputy 97 investigated and radioes Berks to add it to the list for the Utility Company
- Mar 3 – During the latest winter storm, Utility 97 responded shortly before 2100 hours to assist Bally Medics on an ALS Medical in Washington
- Mar 3 – 97 and 525 dispatched for a CO Alarm with symptoms in Washington
- Mar 1 – 97 and 332 were sent for a pediatric ALS Medical in Washington
- Mar 1 – 97 was dispatched to assist Earl Township Fire Company on a working structure fire on Manatawny Road in Earl. Firefighters from Earl, Amity, Boyertown, Blandon, Exeter, Eastern Berks, and Gilbertsville were on scene for two hours. Engine 97 was assigned the tanker fill site at Rt 562 and Farmingdale Road, while the departments tankers helped supply water to the fire. Link to WFMZ article
- Mar 1 – 97 and 505 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
- Feb 28 – Engine 97-1 was sent to assist 21 on a structure fire on Sunset Lane off Walker Road in Longswamp
- Feb 27 At 1614 hours, 97 and 332 were sent for an ALS Medical in Washington Twp.
- Feb 27 – at 1430 hours, 97 and 505 were sent for an MVA with injuries at Rt 100 and Hoffmansville Road in Washington for a multi vehicle MVA. The crash took out a wiring junction box for local utilities.
- Feb 27 – At 1111 hours, County dispatch sent 95, 525 and Fire Police from 95 and 97 for an MVA at the Sunoco Station on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale. Upon further reports of a car into the pumps and smoking, it was quickly upgraded to the structure response, bringing fire equipment from 95, 97 and Montco 67. Additionally another medic unit from 525 was added to the assignment.
- Feb 26 – 97 sent at 2024 hours in investigate wires down across Kulps Road in Washington
- Feb 26 – 97 was dispatched at 0911 hours to assist Earl Township Fire Company on a working Structure Fire in the 200 block of Longview Road in Earl Township. The intense blaze was fed by the heavy winds and went to two alarms. Multiple tanker fill sites were established to refill the fire tankers dispatched to the scene. Crews from Berks and Montgomery County worked for a number of hours to bring the blaze under control. 97 units on the scene included: Engine 97, Utility 97, Tankers 97 and 97-1, and Fire Police
- Feb 25 – 97 sent for a tree blocking the road at Long Lane and Mine Rd in District
- Feb 25 – 97 sent at 0230 hours for a tree down blocking Anthony’s Mill Road in Washington
- Feb 25 – 97 sent at 0132 hours for a CO Alarm on Landis Store Rd in District. On the way, Engine 97-1 removed a tree blocking the road. The tree had fallen during the intense wind storm rocking the area.
- Feb 24 – 39, 58, 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA at Seisholtsville and St Peters Rd
- Feb 24 – 97 and 525 sent to an ALS Medical on Hill Church Rd in Pike
- Feb 23 – 97 sent to assist 505 on location with an ALS Medical in Bally
- Feb 22 – 97 and 329 sent for an ALS Medical on Township Line Rd in Washington
- Feb 22 – 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical on Oberholtzer Rd in Washington
- Feb 22 – 97 dispatched for an AFA on N 7th St in Bally