2019 Call Log (unofficial)
146-150) Sunday May 19th turned out to be a busy one for Eastern Berks Firefighters as we responded to four incidents in less than two hours, and then another in the evening.
- At 1337 hours, 97 was sent for an Automatic Alarm at a residence on Wilt Rd in Washington. Deputy 97 arrived and reported nothing showing. On his way to the alarm, Chief 97 came upon a Motor Vehicle Accident with injuries which had just occurred on Old Rt 100 near Main St in Bally.
- Chief 97 asked the Deputy if he could divert an engine from the alarm to respond to his incident. Engine 97-1 was a few blocks away and came into that scene. Deputy 97 recalled Engine 97 from the AFA, and instructed its crew to take Attack 97 to the accident scene. Traffic 97, which was assisting at a community day event in Boyertown came in and blocked traffic at Main and Old Rt 100. Medic 505 had just responded to another call a minute before the chief’s report, and so Medic 525 was sent from the Boyertown community event. As the second car was loaded onto a Berks Mont tow truck and debris was just finished being swept up, a third call came in for an MVA in Hereford.
- At 1325 hours, Companies 39, 58, Rescue 97, and 575 were dispatched for an accident with injuries on Hunter Forge Rd in Hereford, reported to be a pickup truck vs a delivery truck. Engine 97-1 returned to station 2, and the crew picked up Rescue 97 and responded toward the accident. Captain 58 arrived on location, as well as Attack 39, and determined no other fire services were needed, so 97 and 58 were recalled.
- At 1428 hours, the structure fire response was sent for a working trailer fire at Grand View Speedway in Washington. This brought unites from 97, 95, Montco 65(RIT) and 505. Auto races were being held and Brush 97-1 was at the track for its normal fire services. The brush truck’s quick arrival at the scene prevented major problem as the trailer on fire had multiple exposures close by. It got a quick knock on the bulk of the fire and was backed up by Tanker 95. Crews from Engines 97-1 and 97, as well as Tanker 97-1 then finished extinguishment and overhaul, so that Brush 97-1 could return to the track and allow the races to proceed.
- At 2013 hours, Traffic 97 was part of 95’s vehicle fire response for Rt 100 and County Line Rd
145) May 17 - 97 and 505 sent for an ALS Medical on Crow Hill Road in Washington.
144) May 16 - While still on scene, 97 and EMS sent for an ALS Medical on Sugar Maple Rd in Washington. Brush 97-1 and Attack 97 took in the response.
143) May 16 - 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA with Entrapment on Old Rt 100 at the bridge next to the Barto Spring in Washington. Reports of overturned vehicle. Crews assisted in patient care, and fluid mitigation. Berks Mont Towing cleared the vehicles. Roadway shut down for almost 90 minutes.
142) May 15 - 97 Fire Police sent to assist 95 on an MVA in Colebrookdale
141) 97, 39 and 505 dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Huffs Church Rd in District. Upon hearing the report of a second patient, 505 requested next due medic (575). Crews arrived on location to find a head-on crash of two pickup trucks, with oil down in the gutter and the roadway. Crews split: one to assist EMS with the two patients, while the other started abatement of the oil. A rainbow graced the scene after a shower rolled through. Huffs Church Rd was closed from 7pm to almost 8:30pm.
140) May 13 - 97 sent for an AFA in Spring Valley Village in Washington
139) May 11 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical on Church St in Bally
138) May 11 - 97 and 505 dispatched for an ALS Medical on Gehman Rd in Washington
137) May 10 - 97 sent for an AFA in Spring Valley Village in Washington
136) May 10 - 97 Fire Police were part of the assignment for an MVA with injuries and fire on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale.
135) May 9 - 97 sent to assist EMS with an ALS Medical on Elm St in Bally
134) May 9 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical on Washington Rd in Washington
133) May 8 - 97, 39, and 21 sent to assist 75 for an ALS Medical on Huffs Church Rd in District
132) May 5 - 97 sent to assist EMS for an ALS Medical on Landis Store Rd in District
131) May 3 - sent to assist 505 for an ALS Medical in Bally
130) April 30th - At 1404 hours, Tanker 97 and Tanker 97-1 were dispatched to 346 Colebrookdale Rd in Douglass Twp, Berks County to assist Company 95. Co 95 (Boyertown Area Fire and Rescue), 49 and Montco 79 were on scene with a working Dwelling Fire. EBFD units on scene were Tanker 97, Tanker 97-1, and Traffic 97
129) April 27 - Fire Police from 97 sent to assist 95 with traffic control on Rt 562 in Colebrookdale - site of large tree blown down across roadway, pulling wires off three poles and a home, and involving two vehicles. In service for two and a half hours.
128) April 27 - 97 and 505 dispatched for the report of a multi-vehicle MVA with injuries and fire at Niantic Rd and Pine St in Washington.
127) April 27 - 505, 97 and 39 dispatched at 0403 hours for an ALS Medical on Huffs Church Rd in District
126) April 26 - 97 and 505 sent for an ALS Medical on Chestnut St in Bally
125) April 24 - Brush 97 was sent as part of the brush fire assignment for a fire along Rt 73 in Oley. Held to 5 and 19.
124) April 22 - 97, 39 and 575 sent for an MVA reported to be an overturned vehicle into a home on Baldy Hill Road in District Township.
123) On Easter Sunday, April 21st at 22:15 hours, Company 97 and Medic 505 were dispatched to 5th and Main Street in Bally Borough for a MVA with injuries. Assistant 97-2 arrived and advised of a 2 vehicle head on crash. 97 personnel assisted with patient care and fluid control. EBFD units on scene were Rescue 97 and Attack 97. Thanks to all fire police from 97, 58 and 39 who assisted with traffic control by shutting down Rt 100 and diverting traffic onto Chestnut.
122) April 20 - EBFD and 505, and Engine 19-1 were dispatched for an MVA (motorcycle) on Hill Church Rd in Pike Township. Fire Police from 97, 19 and 5 were added to shut down the road while the patient was treated and the scene cleared.
121) April 17 - 97 was requested to relocate one tanker to Exeter Fire Station #2 (Reiffton) in Exeter Twp while they were operating on a brush fire on Neversink Mountain.
120) April 17 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Trauma at a commercial building in Bally
119) April 15 - Chief 97 was called to the scene on an MVA at Rt 100 and Passmore Rd. Upon arrival he requested Attack 97 and Fire Police to respond for debris and traffic control.
118) April 15 - sent for LS Medical on County Line Rd in Washington
117) April 13 - sent for ALS Medical on Washington Rd in Washington
116) April 12 - 95 and 97 Fire Police sent for traffic control at the scene of a non-injury MVA on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale
115) April 11 - 505 requested 97 be dispatched to assist in the search for a missing medical patient off Stauffer Rd in Washington
114) April 10 - 97 dispatched to the 300 block of N Church St in Bally for a woodpile on fire impinging on a fence row. Brush 97-1 helped homeowner extinguish the small blaze.
113) April 7 - 97 sent at 0028 hours to investigate an unattended controlled burn off Stauffer Rd in Washington
112) April 5 - 97 and 95 Fire Police sent for traffic control at Rt 100 and Chestnut St in Washington
111) April 5 - 97 and 505 dispatched to an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
106-110) April 3rd was a busy day for our crews. (see the post for pix) The calls started at 0858 hours to assist 332 with an ALS Medical on Washington Road in Washington Township. As crews were clearing that call another dispatch came in at 0919 hours to assist 575 with another ALS Medical on Hill Church Road in Pike Township.Then at 1344 Oley Fire Chief 5 called for the second alarm on a working house fire on Mud Run Road in Oley Township. Tankers 97 and 97-1 responded as part of that assignment.At 1637 hours, EBFD was special requested by New Hanover Command to respond with tankers and brush trucks to assist at the scene of a fully involved house fire on Broomstick Road in New Hanover Township. Companies on scene included Montco 37, 38, 42, 67, 71, 78, 87, Berks 97 and EMS from 344 and 369. EBFD apparatus on scene were: Tankers 97 and 97-1, Brush 97, 97-1 and 97-2, and Traffic 97.Tanker 97 at Oley"Shotgun" at OleyFinally at 1711 hours, Fire Police from EBFD were dispatched to assist Boyertown in shutting down access to Franklin St in Bechtelsville Borough, due to wires down further up the road in Colebrookdale Township.
105) Apr 1 - 97 was dispatched at 0145 hours to assist Montco 67 for a structure fire, reported to be the chimney, in the 200 block of Niantic Road in Douglass (Montg). Engine 97-1 arrived threw ground ladders and assisted with extinguishing the fire in the chimney and cleaning out, crews cleaned out the fire box and checked for extension, no extension found. Personnel operated for an hour before returning. 97 units on scene Engine 97-1, Tanker 97-1, Tanker 97 and Traffic 97
104) Mar 30 - As crews were returning from the previous call, 97 was added to the brush assignment on Manatawny Road in Earl. Brush 97 and Tanker 97 responded, while a crew remained at Station 2 for any additional brush calls on this windy day. Fire Police from 97, 95 and 5 were also added and responded to control traffic around the scene.
103) Mar 30 - 97 was dispatched at the request of 505 for a stokes basket and pick up truck to assist removing a patient through rough terrain in District Twp. Crews responded with Brush 97 and Rescue 97, and utilized Asst 97-2's truck to gain access and return the patient to the Medic Unit.
102) Mar 28 - 97, 39, and DCNR were dispatched at 1357 hours for the report of a brush fire involving an acre of ground moving towards the woods on Deer Rub Rd in District. Brush 19 was added to the assignment later. 97 apparatus on scene were: Brush 97, 97-1, 97-2; Tankers 97 & 97-1, Traffic 97.
101) Mar 28 - 97 sent for a tree blocking Long La in District
100) Mar 27 - EMS requested 97 be sent to assist them on an ALS Medical on Wilt Rd in Washington.
99) Mar 27 - Chief 97 requested one truc k and fire police for a non-injury two vehilce accident on Main St in Bally
98) Mar 26 - 97 and 505 sent for an MVA - truck over an embankment on Rt 100 in Washington; PSP later requested Fire Police from 97, 95, and 58 to help control traffic at the scene.
97) Mar 26 - 39, 58, Rescue 97 and 505 sent for an MVA with injuries on Huffs Church Rd in Hereford
96) Mar 19 - 97 sent to assist EMS on Main St in Bechtelsville
95) Mar 18 - 97 sent for an AFA on Crag Lane in District
94) Mar 18 - 97 dispatched for a Hazmat - possible gas leak - on Sugar Maple Rd in Washington
93) Mar 17 - Fire Police from 97, 39 and 21 sent to direct traffic around an MVA on Huffs Church Rd in District
92) Mar 15 - 97 Fire Police requested to assit with traffic control at an MVA on Rt 73 in Earl
91) Mar 14 - 97 and 505 drnt for an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
90) Mar 10 - 97 sent to assist Medic 505 on location on Main St in Bechtelsville
89) Mar 10 - 97 sent to investigate flames from behind a building on Rt 100 in Washington
88) Mar 9 - 97 and 505 sent for an ALS Medical on Washington Rd in Washington
87) Mar 9 - 97 sent for an AFA on Back Country Rd in Washington
86) Mar 8 - sent for a n ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
85) Mar 7 - Fire Police from 97 were part of the dispatch for an MVA on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale
84) Mar 7 - Brush 97-1 sent to assist with debris clean up from an MVA at Main and Old 100 in Bally
83) Mar 6 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical on Main St in Bechtelsville
82) Mar 5 - 97 sent for an AFA on Sugar Maple Dr in Washington
81) Mar 4 - 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA with injuries in the 600 block of Main St in Bally
80) Mar 4 - 97 sent at 0514 for wires blocking Dale Road in Washington as a result of the winter storm. Deputy 97 investigated and had Utility 97 set up barricades
79) Mar 4 - 39, 58, 97, 21 and 505 sent at 0246 hours in heavy snow and icy roads for a structure fire on Township Road in Hereford
78) Mar 4 - 97 sent at 0206 hours to investigate wires blocking 5th Street in Bally. Lt 97-1 investigated and told Berks the road was blocked and we would barricade.
77) Mar 3 - 97 sent at 20121 hours for trees and wires on Pheasant Road in Bechtelsville during heavy snow. Deputy 97 investigated and radioes Berks to add it to the list for the Utility Company
76) Mar 3 - During the latest winter storm, Utility 97 responded shortly before 2100 hours to assist Bally Medics on an ALS Medical in Washington
75) Mar 3 - 97 and 525 dispatched for a CO Alarm with symptoms in Washington
74) Mar 1 - 97 and 332 were sent for a pediatric ALS Medical in Washington
73) Mar 1 - 97 was dispatched to assist Earl Township Fire Company on a working structure fire on Manatawny Road in Earl. Firefighters from Earl, Amity, Boyertown, Blandon, Exeter, Eastern Berks, and Gilbertsville were on scene for two hours. Engine 97 was assigned the tanker fill site at Rt 562 and Farmingdale Road, while the departments tankers helped supply water to the fire. Link to WFMZ article
72) Mar 1 - 97 and 505 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
71) Feb 28 - Engine 97-1 was sent to assist 21 on a structure fire on Sunset Lane off Walker Road in Longswamp
70) Feb 27 At 1614 hours, 97 and 332 were sent for an ALS Medical in Washington Twp.
69) Feb 27 - at 1430 hours, 97 and 505 were sent for an MVA with injuries at Rt 100 and Hoffmansville Road in Washington for a multi vehicle MVA. The crash took out a wiring junction box for local utilities.
68) Feb 27 - At 1111 hours, County dispatch sent 95, 525 and Fire Police from 95 and 97 for an MVA at the Sunoco Station on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale. Upon further reports of a car into the pumps and smoking, it was quickly upgraded to the structure response, bringing fire equipment from 95, 97 and Montco 67. Additionally another medic unit from 525 was added to the assignment.
67) Feb 26 - 97 sent at 2024 hours in investigate wires down across Kulps Road in Washington
66) Feb 26 - 97 as among those sent for a second structure fire in Earl Township - this one on Fancy Hill Rd
65) Feb 26 - 97 was dispatched at 0911 hours to assist Earl Township Fire Company on a working Structure Fire in the 200 block of Longview Road in Earl Township. The intense blaze was fed by the heavy winds and went to two alarms. Multiple tanker fill sites were established to refill the fire tankers dispatched to the scene. Crews from Berks and Montgomery County worked for a number of hours to bring the blaze under control. 97 units on the scene included: Engine 97, Utility 97, Tankers 97 and 97-1, and Fire Police
64) Feb 25 - Dispatched for MVA on Forgedale Rd in Washington
63) Feb 25 sent to Mountain Mary Rd in Pike
62) Feb 25 - 97 sent for a tree blocking the raod at Long Lane and Mine Rd in District
61) Feb 25 - 97 sent at 0230 hours for a tree down blocking Anthony's Mill Road in Washington
60) Feb 25 - 97 sent at 0132 hours for a CO Alarm on Landis Store Rd in District. On the way, Engine 97-1 removed a tree blocking the road. The tree had fallen during the intense wind storm rocking the area.
59) Feb 24 - 39, 58, 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA at Seisholtsville and St Peters Rd
58) Feb 24 - 97 and 525 sent to an ALS Medical on Hill Church Rd in Pike
57) Feb 23 - 97 sent to assist 505 on location with an ALS Medical in Bally
56) Feb 22 - 97 and 329 sent for an ALS Medical on Township Line Rd in Washington
55) Feb 22 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical on Oberholtzer Rd in Washington
54) Feb 22 - 97 dispatched for an AFA on N 7th St in Bally
53) Feb 19 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical on Dale Road in Washington
52) Feb 19 - 97 sent for a HazMat incident - oil down and leaking from containers on side of road at Landis Store and Forgedale Roads in District
51) Feb 19 - 97 sent to investigate wires down and blocking the roadway in the 600 block of Walnut Street in Bally
50) Feb 19 - Fire Police from 97, 95, and 58 were sent for traffic control for a jack-knifed tractor trailer on Old Route 100 near Sycamore Rd in Washington
49) Feb 18 - 97 was among the companies dispatched at 0113 hours for manpower to assist Company 5 on the second alarm of a working house fire on Main Street in Oley.
48) Feb 17 - 97 sent at 2343 hours to assist 505 on location in the Landis Store area of District Twp with accessing and removing a patient from a house over icy driveway conditions to the waiting medic unit
47) Feb 17 - 58, 39, 97, and 505 dispatched at 1906 hours for an MVA with entrapment on Huffs Church Rd in Hereford Township. Crews stabilized the upside down van, accessed the patient, and using rescue tools, removed the 'B' post and side door to allow extrication. Patient turned over to EMS.
46) Feb 17 - 97 and 329 sent for an ALS Medical in Bally
45) Feb 16 - 97 sent for an AFA on Heydt's School House Rd in Washington
44) Feb 15 - Fire Police from 19, 95, and 97 dispatched for traffic control around a disabled tractor trailer on Rt 73 in Earl.
43) Feb 15 - 97 sent to assist 505 on location with an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
42) Feb 14 - 97 and 332 sent for an ALS Medical on Race street in Bechtelsville
41) Feb 13 - 97 and 332 sent for a BLS Medical on Creamery Lane in Bally
40) Feb 13 - 97 sent for an AFA at a commercial structure on Rt 100 in Washington. Chief 97 recalled the assignment when it was confirmed the system was being tested.
39) Feb 13 - a half hour after the previous dispatch, fire police from 19, 95 and 97 were sent to assist 19 on Rt 73 in Earl Twp to direct traffic around an MVA involving to trucks.
38) Feb 13 - 97 Fire Police were sent to assist 95 at an MVA with injuries at Montgomery And N. Reading Avenues in Colebrookdale, This was 95's third accident response within minutes, and their fire police were obviously stretched thin!
37) Feb 12 - 97 Fire Police were sent to assist in traffic control at an MVA on Oysterdale Rd in Pike Twp following a day on wintry weather
36) Feb 11 - 97 sent to assist EMS at an ALS Medical on County Line Rd in Washington.
35) Feb 11 - Fire Police from 19, 95, 97, 5, and 49 were dispatched to assist shutting down Route 73 in Earl Township between Longview Road and Toll house Road for an MVA with injuries and entrapment (Tractor Trailer vs two vehicles.) On scene for 90 minutes until scene was cleared.
34) Feb 8 - 97 Fire Police were among units from a number of departments sent to control traffic around non-functioning traffic lights the Rt 100 and 29 split in Hereford. Power was out in the area due to a major power incident on Huffs Church Road being covered by Company 58. During the same wind storm as the previous incident, a tree fell on wires which took out one pole and the cross beams of two others. Met-Ed was on scene for hours repairing poles and wires.
33) Feb 8 - During a wind storm, 97 sent for a tree down blocking both lanes of Conrad Rd in District. Attack 97 and Utility 97 responded and cut up and removed the tree.
32) Feb 8 - At 0448 hours, 97, 39 & Medic 575 were dispatched to the 400 block of Huffs Church road in District Township for a MVA unknown injuries. First arriving officers confirmed negative injuries. 97 apparatus responding included Rescue 97, Attack 97 and Utility 97.
31) Feb 4 - 97 and 505 sent for the report of an unconscious person in a vehicle off Rt 100 in Washington
30) Feb 2 - 97 sent at reqyest of 505 to assist at scene of an ALS Medical in Bally
29) Feb 2 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical on Main St in Bechtelsville
28) Feb 2 - 97 and 505 dispatched to a MVA unknown injuries in the 1500 block of County Line road in Washington Township. Deputy 97 arrived and confirmed 1 vehicle overturned with 2 patients out of the vehicle. Deputy held it to attack 97 and medic 505 for a patient evaluation. 97 personnel assisted with fluid control until being released.
27) Feb 1 - 97 sent to assist EMS on location on County Line Road in Washington
26) Jan 30 - Fire Police from 97 and 95 sent at request of PSP to Rt 100 and Stauffer Road for traffic control around an MVA.
25) Jan 29 - Fire Police from 97 and 95 sent for disabled vehicles on Rt 100 near Chestnut St in Washington due to a snow storm.
24) Jan 26 - 5, 95, 19, 97, and 525 sent for an AFA on Rohrbach Rd in Pike Township
23) Jan 26 - Fire Police from 97 and 49 sent to assist with traffic control at a three alarm structure fire on Ridge Pike in Lower Providence Montgomery County. Other local departments with apparatus at this massive fire included Earl, Monarch, Gilbertsville, and Pennsburg. Lower Providence Fire Company (53) is directly across Ridge Pike from the fire building - Salter's Ski Shop. At one point 111 pieces of equipment of all kinds were sent to assist.
22) Jan 25 - 97 and 505 sent for an MVA on Niantic Rd near the Washington Elementary School in Washington. Reported debris on the roadway.
21) Jan 24 - 97 sent for an AFA on Limekiln Rd in Bechtelsville
20) Jan 22 - 97 and 505 sent for an MVA with Injuries on Rt 100 at Niantic Rd. Reported to be a car vs a pole in the front of Longacre's Dairy in Washington
19) Jan 21 - 97 sent for an AFA on Limekiln Rd in Bechtelsville
18) Jan 21 - Montg 38, 97, and 58 were dispatched for a stove fire in a home on Gehman Rd in Upper Hanover Twp.
17) Jan 17 - 97, 95, and Montg 37 were dispatched to assist Montg 67 who had been sent for the report of heavy black smoke apparently from a house on Hoffmansville Road in Douglass Twp, Montgomery County. The Working Fire Dispatch was sent when it was reported that a header was visible from Rt 100. Assignment was recalled except for 67 units when it was determined to be a controlled burn.
16) Jan 16 - 97 sent at 2038 hours for an AFA on Limekiln Rd in Bechtelsville
15) Jan 16 - 97 sent at 1927 hours for an AFA on Limekiln Rd in Bechtelsville
14) Jan 14 - 97, 95, 19, 505, and Montg 67 (RIT) were dispatched for a possible structure fire on Township Line Rd in Washington. Report of smoke from front of house, possibly under the house. Crews found and extinguished a mulch fire.
13) Jan 13 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical on Township Line Rd in Washington
12) Jan 11 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical on Old Route 100 in Washington
11) Jan 11 - 97 dispatched to assist EMS with an ALS Medical on Robin Hill Rd in Washington
10) Jan 10 - Montco 67, Berks 97 and 505 were dispatched at 1606 hours to an ALS Trauma off Niantic Road in Douglass Township, Montgomery County. Air Medical was requested to fly and 67 and 97 provided landing support for the medical helicopter in the parking lot of Christ Lutheran Church in Niantic. Fire Police from both companies controlled traffic around the scene.
9) Jan 8 - Fire Police sent to Englesville Rd to assist 95 with traffic control in Douglass Berks
8) Jan 8 - 95, 332, and Fire Police from 95 and 97 dispatched for an MVA with injuries at Rt 100 and County Line Rd in Colebrookdale
7) Jan 7 - 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA with injuries on S 7th St in Bally. Report of one car on its side.
6) Jan 7 - 97 and 332 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
5) Jan 5 - 97 and 525 dispatched at request of police for an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
4) Jan 5 - Engines 97 and 97-1 dispatched for a commercial fire alarm at a business on Nuss Rd in Washington
3) Jan 5 - 97 and 39 were dispatched to investigate a downed pole in the 600 block of Huffs Church Road in District Township. A minute later the call was upgraded to an accident with injuries, which added Medic 575. Crews from 97 and 39 controlled hazards at and traffic around the scene. Huffs Church Road was shut down between Woodside and Baldy Hill Roads, and turned over Met Ed which was bringing in crews to replace the downed pole and wires, along with another pole which was damaged in the crash. 97 units on scene included: Rescue 97, Attack 97, Engine 97, Utility 97 and Traffic 97.
2) Jan 3 - 97 and 39 dispatched to assist EMS already on location with an ALS Medical on Long Lane in District Township
1) Jan 3 - 97 and 525 sent at 0204 hours for an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville