2017 Call Log (unofficial)
214) July 22 - 97 dispatched for a tree on a vehicle in Washington, with the driver already out. Lt 97 arrived and recalled the assignment, reporting tree had now been removed.
213) July 21 - 97 dispatched to assist 505 in Washington. EMS crew needed a firefighter to drive ambulance for a maternity.
212) July 21 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington six minutes after prior call. 505 radioed Berks to recall 97 on first medical and respond to second one. Brush 97-1 and Attack 97 covered this call along with 525.
211) July 21 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bally. 505 placed a unit in service and 525 was recalled. As Brush 97-1 arrived on scene, second call was dispatched.
210) July 20 - Company 21 was dispatched to the report of a barn fire in Longswamp. Dispatched to assist were 35, 97, 58, 39, 46, 575 and Lehigh 1. A second alarm was added at the report of smoke showing. According to reports, the EMS crew from 575 knocked the fire with an extinguisher. Chief 21 arrived and confirmed fire knocked with minor extension. Nice job to prevent a major job on a HOT day!
209) July 20 - Fire Police from 97, 95 and Montg 67 were dispatched to close County Line Road in Washington at the request of PSP due to a wire blocking the roadway. Thank you to 95 and 67 for assisting for over two hours on a VERY hot day! Special thanks as well to the residents who treated 97 fire police to cold drinks!!
208) July 19 - 97, 19, and 5 were dispatched for an AFA at a church in Pike
207) July 19 - 95, 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 were dispatched for a smoke condition at a commercial structure in Boyertown
206) July 15 - Fire Police were dispatched to Rt 100 in Colebrookdale for traffic control at an MVA
205) On Saturday July 15, Eastern Berks Fire and Bally EMS were dispatched at 1448 hours to a crash on Rt 100 (Main St) in Bally. Crews found four vehicles involved - one of which was a motorcycle, the rider of which was critically injured. MedEvac was requested to fly, but when it was determined the patient could get the the trauma center quicker by ground, he was transported by Bally Medics. An Eastern Berks firefighter drove, so both EMS personnel could be in the back with the patient. Another vehicle came to rest in the street a block south on Main. A third vehicle veered off the road and into a house. That impact collapsed the front porch roof of the home. The fourth vehicle came to rest in front of the damaged home. Additional ambulances were requested for other injuries. Numerous fire police units were dispatched to divert the traffic around the roadway, which was closed for hours as an accident reconstruction team from the Pennsylvania State Police investigated. Responding were: Fire and Rescue: Eastern Berks Fire; Ambulances: Bally, Upper Perkiomen, and Gilbertsville; Fire police units: Berks County: Eastern Berks, Earl Twp, Hereford, Boyertown; Montgomery County: Sanatoga, Linfield, Limerick, Ringing Hill, Upper Pottsgrove, New Hanover, Gilbertsville, Pennsburg, Red Hill; Police : PSP-Reading
It was learned that the motorcyclist died of his injuries Saturday night. Our thoughts and prayers to all the victims and families. A HUGE thanks you to all the fire police who helped divert traffic around the scene for many hours.
204) July 15 - 97 was dispatched by 505 to assist the ambulance crew at the scene of an ALS Medical at Jake's Flea Market in Washington. Personnel arrived and the crew requested a firefighter drive the ambulance, so both EMS personnel could attend to the patient in the back.
203) July 14 - 95 and 97 were dispatched to Boyertown for two simultaneous Medical Assists. 95 responded with two trucks and 97 went available.
202) July 12 - 58, 39, Rescue 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA with Entrapment on Rt 100 in Hereford. Chief 58 was already on location and held the Rescue at station.
201) July 9 - 97, 505, and Fire Police from 97 and 95 dispatched for the report of an MVA with Entrapment on Rt 100 in Washington, with the report of a vehicle in a ditch. Deputy 97 arrived and held the Rescue at station.
200) July 9 - 97 and 332 dispatched for a BLS Medical in Bally
199) July 7 - 95, 67, 97(RIT) and 525 dispatched at 1910 hours for a structure fire on Franklin Street in Boyertown, smoke from the basement doors. Fire personnel on scene reported smoke showing from the basement. Fire personnel found burned food. On the assignment were Engines 97 and Engine 97-1.
198) July 7 - 95, 67, 97(RIT) and 525 dispatched at 1548 hours for a structure fire on Second Street in Boyertown, reported to be a basement fire. Fire personnel on scene reported smoke showing from the basement in the rear of the house. Ladder 95 set its main to the roof and Engine 95-1 connected to a nearby hydrant. 97 firefighters laddered the home and set up for RIT operations. On the assignment were Engines 97 & 97-1, Attack 97 and Traffic 97.
197) July 5 - 332 and 97 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington
196) July 5 at 01:19 hours, Eastern Berks was dispatched to assist Gilbertsville (Montg 67) on a working house fire on Cross Road in the southern end of Douglass Township. There was heavy fire in a attached garage with extension into the home. Crews from Gilbertsville, Boyertown, Eastern Berks, Upper Pottsgrove and New Hanover worked together to gain a quick stop on the fire, with the use of handlines and the master stream from Ladder 95. Eastern Berks apparatus on scene included Engine 97, Engine 97-1, Attack 97 and Traffic 97. EBFD crews were in service for approximately two and a half hours
195) July 1 - Fire Police from 95, 97 and 67 dispatched for an MVA in Colebrookdale
194) 6/30 - 95, Montg 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 dispatched for a possible structure fire in Boyertown
193) 6/30 Fire Police from 95, 97 and 67 dispatched for an MVA in Colebrookdale
192) 6/30 505 and 97 dispatched for an ALS medical in a car in Washington
191) 6/28 Fire Police to assist 95 at the scene of a vehicle fire in Colebrookdale
190) 6/26 Fire Police from 95, 97 and 67 dispatched to assist with traffic control at an MVA in Colebrookdale
189) 6/25 Medical assist in Washington
188) 6/24 MVA with rollover in Washington
187) 6/23 ALS medical in Washington
186) 6/23 Assist EMS with lifting in Washington
185) 6/23 Assist EMS with lifting in Hereford
184) 6/22 possible structure fire in Pike
183) 6/22 assist for structure fire in Hereford
182) 6/22 stove fire in Washington
181) 6/21 tree and wires in Washington
180) 6/18. ALS medical in Washington
179) 6/17. Possible structure fire in Washington
178) 6/16. MVA on Rt 100 in Washington
177) 6/15 medical assist in Washington
176) 6/15 fire police for fluid down after an MVA in Colebrookdale
175) 6/15 Brush fire and wires down near Bally sewer plant in Washington
174) 6/15. ALS medical in Washington
173) 6/14. AFA in District
172) 6/13. ALS medical in Bechtelsville
171) 6/13 BLS trauma in Bally
170) 6/13 Possible structure fire in Bechtelsville grill close to house
169) 6/12 possible structure fire in Colebrookdale- grill close to house
168) 6/12 MVA with vehicle fire in Bally
167) 6/12 ALS medical in Bechtelsville
166) 6/12 ALS medical in Washington for shooting
165) 6/11 MVA with injuries in District
164) June 9 - while working the previous structure fire, 97 was dispatched for an ALS Medical with 332 in District. Attack 97 and Brush 97-1 responded.
163) June 9 - Companies from 39, 58, , 97 and 505 were dispatched at 0509 hours for a structure fire in Hereford Township in the village of Seisholtsville. A working structure fire was confirmed and arriving crews went into service with hand lines and a master stream from Ladder 21. A second alarms was dispatched for additional personnel and tankers. Fire crews from Berks, Lehigh and Montgomery County battled smoke and flames for hours hours before bringing the fire under control. Engine 97 took the fill site assignment at Huffs Church and Benfield Roads and filled tankers 11 times. Crews remained on the scene in overhaul for an extensive time. Responding from 97 were: Engine 97-1, Engine 97, Tanker 97-1, Tanker 97, Attack 97, and Traffic 97. While working that fire, 97 was dispatched for a medical assist in District.
162) June 6 - 97 and 505 dispatched for the report of an MVA on Rt 100 in Bally
161) June 6 - 97 and 39 dispatched for a tree on wires (burning) in District.
160) June 6 - 97, 505 and Fire Police from 97 and 95 were dispatched for the report of an MVA with injuries on Rt 100 in Washington. Reported to be a tractor-trailer vs a pick up truck.
159) June 4 - 97 Fire Police dispatched to assist Montg 67 for traffic control around a vehicle fire in Douglass (Montg)
158) June 3 - 97 was dispatched at 0438 hours for an AFA in a residence in Washington. Faulty detector isolated.
157) June 2 - Fire Police from 97, 19 and 5 dispatched for traffic control around a tree on wires in Pike
156) June 1 - Fire Police from 97, 95 and Montg 67 dispatched for traffic control around an MVA in Bechtelsville
155) June 1 - 97 and EMS dispatched for a third ALS Medical in Washington
154) June 1 - 97 and EMS dispatched for another ALS Medical in Washington
153 June 1 - 97 and EMS dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington
152) May 29 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
151) May 27 97 and 505 dispatched for an ALS Medical in District
150) May 26 - 97 and 525 were dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bally
149) May 26 - Companies 5 & 97, along with EMS from 565 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries in Pike
148) May 25 - 97 dispatched for the report of a utility pole fire on Rt 100 in Washington
147) May 21 - EBFD 97 and Montg 67 were requested to assist BAFR 95 on a search to locate a missing person.
146) May 21 - 97 and EMS dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington
145) May 20 - 39, 58, Rescue 97 and 505 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries in Hereford. Rescue 97 was recalled enroute. Traffic 97 also made the response.
144) May 19 at 2113 hrs, Co's 97, 95, Montco 67, Montco 65 (RIT) and 332 (covering 505) were dispatched to the 2100 block of Old Route 100 Washington Twp for a Dwelling Fire, Deputy 97 reported a working fire, 2nd alarm was requested, sending Co's 19, 58, Montco 37, Montco Tanker 79, Montco Air 38 was also sent for cascade, crews went into service with multiple lines from Engine 97, Ladder 95 put its main to the roof, fire was in the basement running the 1st and 2nd floor walls, crews made a quick knock when the walls were opened up and stopped it from advancing to the 3rd floor.
143) May 19 - 97 and 505 dispatched at 2037 hours for an ALS Trauma in District. As crews were returning from that, they were dispatched to a structure fire in Washington (see #144)
142) May 17 - Fire Police from 97 and 39 were dispatched to the 700 block of Huffs Church Road in District for traffic control around a boat in the road. Later 39 and 97 were dispatched for fluids down at the same incident, but 97 was held at station.
141) May 16 - 97 and 565 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Pike
140) May 16) While on location of the previous incident, a second MVA occurred nearby on Rt 100 in Washington. This one involved two vehicles. After assessing damage, and debris, Chief 97 released fire (again) and 97 Fire Police diverted traffic around the damaged vehicle until the towing company arrived.
139) May 16) Company 97, 505 and Fire Police from 95 and 97 were dispatched to Route 100 in Washington for an MVA with Entrapment. Chief 97 arrived and reported that the victim had self extricated, and there was no need for fire apparatus. While on location, a second MVA occurred one hundred yards from the first incident
138) May 16) Engines 97 & 97-1, and Tankers 97 & 97-1 were dispatched on the second alarm of a dwelling fire in Longswamp Township to assist Company 21. While enroute, all second alarm companies were recalled by command.
137) May 13, 2017 at 1629 hours, Company 97, Medic 505, and Fire Police from 97 and 58 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Old Rt 100 at the bridge near Forgedale Road. The vehicle was on its roof when Engine Captain 97-1 (Benfield) discovered the accident. The driver was able to get out of the vehicle with assistance and was transported by EMS. Fire Police shut down Old Rt 100 between Sycamore and Forgedale Roads, while fire crews attended to large amount of fluid from the split open transmission housing and prevented it from entered the creek under the bridge. Berks-Mont Towing uprighted the vehicle and removed it from the scene. PSP is investigating
136) May 13 - 95 dispatched to a residential fire alarm in Washington. Burnt food. Assignment recalled.
135) May 12 - 97, Montg 67, 95 (RIT), and 525 were dispatched for a possible structure fire at the BBT Bank at Philadelphia and Reading Avenues in Boyertown. Crews gained access using the Knox Box system, and checked each floor.
134) May 11 - 97, 505, and Fire Police from 97 and 95 dispatched at 0502 hours for MVA in Washington. Controlled hazards and traffic until arrival of PSP and tow company.
133) May 10 - at 2233 hrs, the department was dispatched for its second working structure fire of the day in Bally Borough. This time at Bally Block on S 7th St. Companies 97, 58, Montco Ladder 38, Montco Tower 65 for RIT and 505 were sent on the initial, reports indicated smoke coming from an overhead door, Deputy 505 and Chief 97 confirmed smoke showing from the commercial building, Chief 97 requested a 3rd ladder to be dispatched sending Montco Ladder 37. A Rehab Unit from Macungie EMS was also dispatched. See post for details
132) May 10 - Firefighters from Eastern Berks Fire Department, along with others from Hereford, East Greenville, Boyertown, Pennsburg and Bally Ambulance were dispatched at 12:44pm on Wednesday May 10th for a structure fire on Sycamore Road in Bally Borough. Eastern Berks Chief Mike Mutter quickly arrived on the scene, and reported a working fire in a second floor bedroom. Responding crews had to divert around road closures due to the ongoing sewer repair work in the borough, but arrived soon thereafter. The bulk of the fire was quickly knocked down, and crews spent another half hour overhauling the scene and making sure that the fire did not spread beyond the original room. A pet iguana was rescued and returned to its grateful owner. Crews were in service an hour.
131) May 9 - 97 and 505 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
130) May 7 - 97 dispatched by 505 on location for assistance for an ALS Medical in Washington
129) May 7 - 97 and 39 dispatched to assist EMS on an ALS Medical in District
128) May 6 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bally
127) May 6 - Company 19 and Engine 97 dispatched for an AFA at the Earl Township Bldg
126) May 4 - Company 97 was dispatched at 1020 hours to assist Earl Township Fire Company for a working house fire on Manatawny Road off Rt 562 in Earl Township. Tankers 97 and 97-1 responded for water supply. Engine 97 and Attack 97 set up a tanker fill site on Spotts Mill Rd off Rt 562 in the Manatawny Creek.
125) May 2 - 97 sent for a tree down on wire on Hedyt's School House Rd in Washington
124) May 2 - 97 sent for a tree down on Landis Store Rd in District
123) May 2 - 97 sent for a tree down on County Line Rd in Washington
122) May 1 - While Station 3 was operating at the barn fire, Rescue 97 was dispatched with 19 and 95 for a Carbon Monoxide Incident in Earl
121) May 1 - Company 97 was dispatched to Oley Twp to assist company 5 at a Barn Fire on Memorial Hwy. Engine 97, Tanker 97 and Traffic 97 assisted them.
120) May 1 - 97 sent to assist EMS with an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
119) May 1 - 505, 58, 39 and Rescue 97 dispatched for an MVA with injuries in Hereford
118) April 30 - 97 dispatched to assist EMS with a BLS Tauma in Washington
117) April 29 - 97 and 505 sent to an MVA in Bally in front of Redners
116) April 28 - As firefighters returned from the previous call, they were dispatched at the request of 505 to assist in Pike for lifting at the scene of an ALS Medical.
115) April 28 - 19, 95, 525 and later 97 were dispatched for a two vehicle MVA with injuries on Route 73 in Earl. Personnel on scene removed the roof of one vehicle to extricate one of the patients. Attack 97 and Brush 97 responded, in addition to fire police. Fire Police controlled traffic around the scene until the incident was cleared an hour later.
114) April 27 - 19, 95, 97, and 5 dispatched for possible structure fire in Earl. Report of alarm sounding and smell of burning in laundry room. Tanker 97, Engine 97, Attack 97, and Traffic 97 took in the assignment for Eastern Berks.
113) April 27) - 97 and 525 dispatched for possible ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
112) April 26 - 97 dispatched to assist EMS for an ALS Medical in Bally
111) April 26 - 97 dispatched at the request of Chief 58 (water supply officer) to assist Montg 38 on a structure fire in Upper Hanover. Tanker 97 to respond for water and Engine 97-1 to establish a tanker fill-site at a pond off Kutztown Rd. Engine 97 was added to the assignment for manpower. (Photo by Pennsburg Fire - Facebook)
110) April 25 - 97 dispatched to assist EMS for an ALS Medical in Washington
109) April 24 - 97 dispatched to assist EMS for an ALS Medical in Bally
108) April 24 - 97 dispatched for an AFA in Washington at a commercial structure.
107) April 23- 97 dispatched to assist EMS for a Medical Assist in Washington
106) April 22 - 505 on location of an ALS Medical in Washington requested 97 be dispatched for assistance.
105) April 21 at 1635 hours, Co's 39, 58, 97 and 505 were dispatched for an MVA unknown injuries on Hunter Forge Rd in Hereford Township. Rescue 97 and Traffic 97 responded. Chief 39 arrived and reported one patient for EMS. With 39 units being able to handle the incident, Rescue 97 and Engine 58 both returned.
104) April 21 at 0725 hrs, Co's 39, 97 and 505 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries at Huffs Church Road and Dogwood Drive in District Twp. Additional information indicated that it was a vehicle flipped over and occupant out of vehicle. The patient was treated by EMS, and Chief 39 released 97.
97 units on location were Rescue and Attack 97.
103) April 18 - 5, 19, 97 and 8 dispatched for a brush fire on Club Road in Pike
102) April 18 - 19 and 97 dispatched for an AFA at Earl Elementary in Earl
101) April 18 at 1210 hrs, Co's 97, 19 and 39 were dispatched for a Brush Fire on Hardt Hill Rd, District Twp, (Brush 58 was dispatched in place of Brush 19 while they operated on a Fire in Alsace Twp.) Deputy and Brush 97 reported a working fire, Brush 97 and Brush 97-1 went into service quickly knocking the fire, assignment was held to the 97 and 39 units.
97 units on scene, Brush 97, Brush 97-1, Engine 97-1 and Tanker 97
100) Easter Sunday April 16 - At 1601 hours, Engine 97 was dispatched to stand by at Company 49 while they operated at a working structure fire. Engine 97 and Traffic 97 did the relocate.
99) Easter Sunday April 16 - 5, 19, 97, 8 and 565 were dispatched for a brush fire threatening a structure on Hill Church Road in Pike
98) April 15 - 97 was dispatched at 0016 hours at the request of 525 to assist with an ALS Trauma in Washington
97) April 14- Fire Police from 97, 95 and Montg 67 were dispatched at 2134 hours at the request of PSP to close Stauffer Road while police investigated an incident. 97 FP took the intersection of Rt 100 and Stauffer, while 95 closed Stauffer above a development, sealing the incident area. Montg 67 was released, as sufficient personnel were on scene. Crews remained on scene seven hours until 0430 hours.
96) April 14 - 97 and 329 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bally
95) April 10 at at 0721 hrs, Co 97 and 505 were dispatched for an MVA unknown injuries, Niantic Rd Washington Twp, additional was one vehicle on its side patient out of vehicle, Chief 97 confirmed patient out of vehicle and was evaluated by EMS, personal controlled fluids and traffic. Vehicle was towed by Berks Mont Towing, company was available in an hour.
Units on scene, Rescue 97, Brush 97-1 and Attack 97
94) April 9- At 2050 hrs Companies 19 and 97 were dispatched to assist for another brush fire, this time in the 600 blk of Mountain Rd. Earl Twp. Brush 97 assisted them on the fire. 97 units on the call Brush 97, Tanker 97 and Engine 97.
93) April 9 – 19 and 97 dispatched at 1232 hrs for a brush fire in the 200 blk of Water St. Earl Twp, Brush and Tanker 97 arrived on location and went down the driveway to assist with the fire, Engine 97 stayed on the road and sent their crew down to help as well.
92) April 9 - 97 and 505 were dispatched at 4:40 am for an MVA in Bally. 505 quickly arrived and transported the driver. Chief 97 recalled fire, as no fire service was needed.
91) April 8 - 19, 5, 97 and 505 were dispatched for an MVA with Entrapment in Pike. Report indicated car vs tree with victim inside. First arriving officers advised one subject confined to the vehicle. 97 personal assisted EMS with patient care and traffic control. Company was available within the hour. 97 units on scene Attack 97, Engine 97 & Traffic 97. Rescue 97 was enroute but was cancelled after patient was removed.
90) April 7 - 97, 505 and Fire Police from 97 and 95 were dispatched to the report of an MVA in Washington. Crews found a disabled vehicle and went available.
89) April 5 - 95, Montg 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 dispatched for a structure fire in Boyertown, report of fire in the kitchen.
88) April 5 - 97 dispatched for an AFA in Bechtelsville
87) March 31 - 97, 505 , and Fire Police from 97 and 58 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries in Washington during heavy rain.
86) March 28 - 97, 95 and 332 dispatched for the report of a brush fire in Washington
85) March 28 - 97 and Montg 38 dispatched to assist 505 on location at an ALS Medical in Upper Hanover
84) March 25 - 505 and 97 dispatched for an ALS Trauma in Bechtelsville
83) March 24 - 97 dispatched to assist 505 on location for an ALS Medical; one firefighter accompanied medic crew.
82) March 23 - 39, 58, 97 and 505 dispatched for a brush fire in Hereford
81) March 23 - 97 and 39 dispatched for an AFA in District
80) March 22 - Dispatched to assist EMS with a BLS Medical in Pike
79) March 20th - Company 97 , 505, and Fire Police from 97 and 95 were dispatched at 1226 hours for the report of a two vehicle crash with rollover near the intersection of Rt 100 and Barto Road. Chief 97 arrived and confirmed the report and added that the driver of the rollover was still inside and confined. Rescue 97 was ordered to go into service with high reach jacks for stabilization, and use the windshield cutting tool to remove the windshield. Once the glass was removed, the patient was able to self extricate, and was turned over to EMS for treatment and transport. Fire Police shut down south bound traffic on Rt 100 during the incident, until the vehicle on its side was removed by Berks-Mont Towing.
78) March 17 - 97 dispatched for Carbon Monoxide Alarm in Washington.
77) March 15 at 2211 hours Companies 95, 97, 19 and 525 were dispatched for a structure fire, reported to be the chimney at a residence in Colebrookdale. Eastern Berks was requested as RIT and Tanker 97 . Chief 95 arrived on location reporting a working chimney fire, first engine down the driveway all other apparatus to stage on the road. Engine 97 was first on scene and went down the driveway. 97 units on scene were Engine 97, Tanker 97 and Attack 97. Great team work by all involved. Thanks to Kayla Reinhard for the photos from her Facebook page!
76) Mar 15 - 97 and 505 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
75) Mar 13 - 97 dispatched for an odor investigation in Washington
74) Mar 13 - 97 and EMS were dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington
73) Mar 10 - 97, 39 and 505 dispatched for an MVA (unknown injuries) on Huff's Church Road in District Township. Dispatch notes reported five vehicles involved on snowy roads. Chief 97 arrived along with PSP and confirmed multiple vehicles (6), but amazingly no apparent injuries. Fire Police closed the roads until scene could be secured, and PennDOT could salt the road.
72) Mar 8 - Tanker 97 was dispatched to respond with 5 and 19 for a tree and wires down in Pike
71) Mar 7 - As crews were still on location of the previous call, a second dispatch was received at 1142 hours for another MVA in Washington township. Berks County Communications sent Engine 97, Rescue 97, Medic 525, and Fire Police from 58 and Montg 67 for the report of a head on crash on Barto Road in the area of the Washington Township Building. Once again, Fire Police controlled traffic while crews took care of debris and hazards and assisted EMS with patient evaluations.
70) Mar 7 - At 1117 hours, Rescue 97, Attack 97, Medic 505 and Fire Police from 97 and 95 were dispatched for an MVA on Rt 100 in Washington. Dispatch notes indicated two vehicles were involved and traffic was blocked. Fire Police controlled traffic while crews took care of debris and hazards and assisted EMS with patient evaluations. As crews were still on location, a second dispatch was received for another MVA in the township.
69) Mar 5- Fire Police from 95, 97 and Montg 67 were requested to respond to control traffic at an MVA in Colebrookdale
68) Mar 5 - At 0326 hours, 97 was dispatched to aasist EMS on location at an ALS Trauma in Washington
66) and 67) Mar 3 - At 1543 hours, 97 was toned out to respond on the second alarm of a working garage fire in Longswamp Township on Ira's Lane off Pilgert Road. Company 21 (Topton) was on location with a fully involved garage with extension into a nearby home. Apparatus from 21, 39, 46, 97, 58, 35, Lehigh 1 were on scene. Numerous cover companies were also dispatched. Soon after arrival a heavy snow squall moved through and quickly dumped heavy wind driven snow on the scene and roads. Apparatus from 97 responding included: Engines 97 and 97-1; Tankers 97 and 97-1; Rescue 97 and Traffic 97.
At 1745 hours, Berks County advised Deputy 97 of another call in our first due territory, and they were advised to fill out the alarm with next due companies. Dispatched were 97, 95, 19, Montg 67 and 65 (RIT). The crews from Engine 97 and Rescue 97 were able to be released from duty in Longswamp, and responded along with Attack 97 and Brush 97. Engine 97-1 and the two tankers remained on scene in Longswamp.
65) Mar 3 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington.
64) Mar 3 - 97 and 95 dispatched for a brush fire in Washington. Asst 97 arrived to report that fire was small and could be handled by 97 brush apparatus and an engine. All other apparatus was recalled.
63) Mar 2 - 97 dispatched for a tree down on wires on County Line Road in Washington. Fire Police Sgt 97 arrived and confirmed wires down with a large tree blocking the roadway, and local power outage. Call to Met-Ed was placed by county, and fire personnel and fire police (including 95 FP) blocked the road until the township road crew placed barricades across the road to await the arrival of the power company.
62) Feb 28 - 95, Montg 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 dispatched for possible structure fire in Colebrookdale, reported to be a mattress on fire in a residence.
61) Feb 28 - 525 and 97 dispatched for a pediatric ALS Medical in Washington.
60) Feb 27 - 39, 97, 58 and 505 dispatched for an ALS Medical - cardiac arrest - in Hereford.
59) Feb 27 - 97 dispatched to investigate smoke condition in Washington. With units holding at station, Chief 97 confirmed it was a controlled burn.
58) Sat Feb 25 - While standing by at Station 2 from previous dispatch, 97 was alerted to respond to assist Mong 67 for tree on wires on Niantic Road in Douglass, Montgomery. Brush 97-1 and Utility 97 responded to that incident.
57) Sat Feb 25 - as strong line of storms swept through the county, 97 was dispatched for a tree down on Landis Store Rd in District. Attack 97 handled call while additional crew remained at Station 2 in case another incident was dispatched. That occurred 19 minutes later.
56) Sat Feb 25 - 97 and EMS dispatched for a pediatric ALS Medical in Washington
55) Fri Feb 24 - 39, 97 and 58 dispatched for a Hazardous Material incident at a residence in District Township. Reported to be an odor of propane. Crews arrived and located and shut down source of propane, ventilated home and were available.
54) Thu Feb 23 - 97 and EMS dispatched for a possible ALS Medical in Washington. No fire service needed.
53) Wed Feb 22 - Brush 97 was among apparatus dispatched to assist Earl (19) on a possible brush fire.
52) Wed Feb 22 - 97 dispatched to investigate flames and smoke visible in Washington. Recalled - controlled burn.
51) Tue Feb 21 at 0441 hours - 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA in Washington. Deputy 97 arrived and determined no fire service was needed.
50) Sun Feb 19 - 97 dispatched to assist EMS with an ALS medical in Bechtelsville
49) Sun Feb 19 - 97 dispatched to assist EMS with a BLS trauma patient in Washington.
47 and 48) Sat Feb 18 - At 1520 hours Company 97, along with Fire Police from 97 and 58, were dispatched to an MVA with Entrapment at Rt 100 and Niantic Road in Washington Twp. Upon arrival, Chief 97 reported negative entrapment. Personnel assisted with patient care, fluids and debris. At 1530 hours while units were operating and enroute to this MVA with injuries, 97 units were dispatched to a brush fire in the 200 block of Lenape road in Washington township. Rescue 97 stayed at the accident while the other 97 units responded to the Brush Fire. Units arrived to a working fire. Personal contained the fire quickly and foamed the area during overhaul. 97 units were clear within an hour. Units on scene of the brush fire were Brush 97-1, Attack 97, Engine 97 & Tanker 97-1.
46) Wed Feb 15 - 97 dispatched for an AFA at a residence in Bally
45) Wed Feb 15 - 97 dispatched for an AFA at a commercial structure on Main St in Bally
43 & 44) Mon Feb 13 - Attack 97 was dispatched for a tree down blocking Merkel Road in District Township. Deputy 97 requested Brush 97-1 also respond due to the size of the tree. As the units went available, County informed the crews of another tree on Oysterdale Rd, about a mile from the first call. Brush 97-1 checked out that incident, but the tree had already been cleared from the road. All units went available.
42) Sun Feb 12 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington (covering for 505 which was on another call)
41) Sat Feb 11 - 97 dispatched to assist Medic 505 (already on location in Washington Twp) with lifting an ALS patient and carrying the patient downstairs to the medic unit.
40) Fri Feb 10 - 95 and 525, along with Fire Police from 95, 97 and Montg 67 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale. Fire Police diverted traffic while patients were treated and wreckage cleared.
37, 38, 39) Thursday February 9th - As is usual for a snow storm, Eastern Berks has responded to a number of calls today.
At 0233 hours, 95, Montg 67, 97 for RIT, and 525 were dispatched for a possible structure fire in Boyertown. Reported to be smoke in a dwelling. Fortunately it was only burnt food, and the assignment was recalled.
At 0536 hours, 97, 505 and 58 Fire Police were dispatched to Rt 100 in Washington for a vehicle off the road and down an embankment. There were no injuries and the driver was waiting for a tow, so Chief 97 recalled that assignment.
At 0748 hours, Fire Police from 97, 95 and Montg 67 were dispatched for traffic control around multiple vehicle accidents on Rt 100 in the area of Chestnut and Mill Streets. Roads were extremely icy from heavy snow, and all south bound traffic was diverted through Bechtelsville, until a busy PSP and PennDOT could clear the road. In service for two hours. Thank you to 95 and 67 fire police who assisted!!
36) 97 dispatched for a pole fire in Washington. Deputy 97 arrived to find met ed on location with a wire burning in a tree. Company 97 stood by till met ed removed the wire from the tree.
35) Feb 7 - 97 Fire Police were dispatched to assist 95 on an MVA on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale
34) Feb 6 - 97 was dispatched at 1837 hours for fluids down after an MVA on Route 100 near Dairy Lane in Washington Township. Crews arrived to find a two vehicle accident with extensive fluid trail, threatening a storm drain. Brush 97-1, Utility 97 and Attack 97 took in assignment initially. Rescue 97 was special called for additional oil dry and lighting. Fire police controlled traffic around the extended scene. In service for an hour, until clean up completed and the vehicle blocking Rt 100 was hauled away.
33) Feb 6 - (& and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Barto.
32) Feb 5 at 0743 hours, Eastern Berks Fire and Bally Ambulance were dispatched for an MVA with Injuries involving a utility pole with transformer in the 800 block of Main Street in Bally. Chief 97 (Mutter) was traveling in the area at the time and notified Berks Communications of the incident. Crews were on location almost immediately and controlled spills and hazards. Fire Police from Eastern Berks and Hereford directed traffic around the scene, until the vehicle was removed and the highway cleaned. Met-Ed examined the pole which was sheared off at the bottom, and decided to block off the area and tackle the extensive job of replacement on Monday.
31) Feb 3 - 19, 97, 95, and 5 dispatched for a brush fire near a shed in Earl. Tanker 97 took in the assignment, while additional crews stood by at each station. Chief 19 held the assignment to first in 19 units. Balance recalled.
30) Feb 3 - 97 dispatched for an AFA at Washington Elementary School in Washington. Chief 97 advised accidental trip. Assignment recalled.
29) Feb 3 - 97 and 505 dispatched for an ALS medical in Washington
28) Feb 1 - 97 dispatched for a gas main struck by a contractor in a housing development in Washington. Responding were Engines 97 & 97-1, Rescue 97, and Brush 97-1. Chief 97 confirmed gas leaking, but advised that a UGI had arrived and notified the chief, they could handle and there was no need for fire service.
27) Jan 29 - 97 dispatched to assist on scene EMS with lifting a patient in Bally
26) Jan 28 - 97 sent to investigate a Hazardous Materials incident... possible propane leak in a home in Washington
25) Jan 28 - 97, 525, and Fire Police from 58 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries in Washington
24) Jan 27 - 97 was requested by Fire Police Sgt 97 to send one truck for debris after an non-injury two vehicle MVA on Main St in Bally. Brush 97-1 reported to the scene. After further consideration, one of those involved requested EMS for an evaluation and 505 was sent to check a possible leg injury.
23) Jan 25 - 95, along with fire police from 95, 97 and Montg 67 were dispatched for an MVA on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale
22) Jan 23 - 97 and 58 Fire Police dispatched to assist 39 with traffic control around trees and wires at the intersection of Huffs Church and Woodside Roads in District
21) Jan 23 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
20) Jan 23 at 0416 hours, the structure response was dispatched for the 1300 block of Route 100 in Washington Township. Alerted were Eastern Berks Fire, Boyertown Area Fire and Rescue, Hereford Fire, Pennsburg Fire (RIT) and Bally Ambulance. Eastern Berks Chief Mike Mutter arrived on scene a few minutes later and reported a working house fire. Instructions were given to the crews from both EBFD engines to attack the fire and the tankers from EBFD to supply the engines. Ladder 95 was to take the driveway at the house and raise the main to the roof, while Engine 95 set up a tanker fill site. A manpower pool was established by Engine 97-1. The Rapid Intervention Team staged at the side of the residence. Firefighters had difficulty accessing the interior due to clutter, but made a quick knock on the bulk of the fire. Units not on location, including a tanker from Seisholtsville, were recalled and the tanker fill site was disconnected. Crews checked for extension in basement and attic, and were in service approximately 90 minutes. Traffic was diverted from Rt 100 during the incident by fire police from the responding19) Jan 22 - 97 and EMS dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington
18) Jan 20 - 97 and 505 dispatched for an ALS medical in Washington
17) Jan 19 - 97, 39 and 505 dispatched for an ALS Medical in District
16) Jan 16 - 97 dispatched to assist EMS on an Medical in Hereford, while 58 and 39 operated on an MVA with injuries.
15) Jan 15 - 505 and 97 were dispatched at 0101 hours for an ALS Medical in District
14) Jan 14 - 21, 39, 58, Rescue 97 and 575 were dispatched for an MVA on Seisholtsville Rd in Longswamp.
13) Jan 14 - Engine 97 dispatched at 0254 hours to relocate to Amity Fire Company (49) while they were operating on a second alarm structure Fire in Birdsboro. Engine 97 and Traffic 97 took in the assignment and were out for approximately two hours.(Photo posted by Kate Neishloss on Fire Alerts of Berks County)
12) Jan 13 - Fire Police from 97, 58 and 39 dispatched at request of PSP for Traffic Control at scene of a non-injury MVA in Washington
11) Jan 11 - Fire Police from 97 and 95 dispatched to close County Line Road after an MVA on icy roads in Washington
10) Jan 10 - EMS and 97 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington
9) Jan 8 - 97 and 505 dispatched for ALS Medical in Washington
8) Jan 6 - 97 Fire Police dispatched to assist 95 at an MVA in Colebrookdale
7) Jan 5 - 19, 5, 97 and 95 were dispatched for a chimney fire in Pike.
6) Jan 5 - 97, 95, 505 and Montg 65 (for RIT) were dispatched for a possible commercial structure fire in Washington. Chief 97 arrived to find a controlled burn behind the building and recalled the assignment.
5) Jan 4 - Companies 39, 58 and Rescue 97 were dispatched at 0819 hours at the request of PSP for a possible Hazardous Materials Incident on Seisholtsville Road in Hereford Township. Notes indicated a car had hit a propane tank as the result of an MVA. Have verifying there was no need for fire apparatus, all units were recalled.
4) Jan 3 - Company 97 was dispatched at 2115 hours to relocate one engine to Lehigh 28, the Citizens Fire Company of Vera Cruz in Upper Milford Township while they were operating at a 3rd alarm structure fire at the Dan Schantz Greenhouse in Lower Milford Township. The crew from 97, plus additional personnel from Lehigh 28 were responsible for covering all of Upper Milford Township along with 28's section of the PA Turnpike. No incidents occurred, and the crews returned home around 0500 hours. Engine 97-1 and Traffic 97 took in the assignment.
3) Jan 3 - 97 and 505 were dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington.
2) Jan 2 - Eastern Berks Fire, Boyertown Fire Police and Bally EMS were dispatched at 0608 hours for an MVA with injuries on Weistown Road in Washington. Deputy 97 arrived to confirm vehicle vs pole. He advised responding units to use caution due to slippery roads. Attack 97 arrived quickly due to location, while Rescue 97 was held at station. Fire Police controlled traffic around the incident
1) Jan 1 - 97 and 332 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington