2018 Call Log (unofficial)
221) July 16 - Fire Police from 97 were sent to assist 95 Fire Police with traffic control at North reading Ave and Township Line road in Colebrookdale for a tractor trailer which was stuck.
220) July 13 - Eastern Berks Fire and Bally Medics were dispatched at 1046 hours for an accident with entrapment reported to be car vs tractor trailer on Rt 100 in Washington Township in front of Montco Fence Company. Reports of two patients required that Boyertown Medics be added to the assignment. Chief 97 arrived and confirmed entrapment and requested fire police close Rt 100 totally. Crews freed the patients and they were transported to the hospital. State Police accident reconstruction team was on scene for an extended period and Rt 100 remained shut down until 1500 hours. Berks Mont towing provided a direction sign (and lunch) and towed passenger vehicle, tractor and trailer from the scene. Fire Police from 97, 95, 58, 39, 19 assisted. THANK YOU!
219) July 12 - 97 and EMS were sent at 1900 hours for an ALS Medical on Washington Rd in Washington
218) July 12 - 97 and EMS dispatched at 1811 hours for the report of an MVA - motorcycle down on Rt 100 in Washington. Deputy 97 arrived and was told the cyclist was not injured and no fire services were needed.
217) July 12 - 97 and EMS dispatched at 1547 hours for the report of a brush fire on Gehman Rd in Washington. Crews arrived on location and determined the fire to be a controlled burn. Assignment recalled.
216) July 12 - 97 and EMS dispatched 1532 hours for the report of a brush fire on Weinsteiger Rd in Washington. Deputy 97 arrived and determined the fire to be a controlled burn. Assignment recalled.
215 ) July 12- 97 and EMS dispatched at 1504 hours for an ALS Medical in Washington
214) July 10 - 95, Montg 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 dispatched for report of structure fire on Schaeffer St in Boyertown. Held to 95 units.
213) July 9 - 97 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington
212) July 7 - 95, 525, and Fire Police from 95 and 97 dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale near County Line Rd
211) July 6 - 97 dispatched to assist 19 on an AFA in Earl
210) July 3 - 97, 39 and EMS sent for an ALS Medical in District
209) July 3 - 97 sent to assist 505 on scene with two patients at Grand View Speedway during extreme heat. Medics 332 and 329 dispatched for transport.
208 ) July 3- Fire Police from 97, 58 & 39 dispatched for traffic control at a no injury MVA of Rt 100 and Church St in Bally
207) July 3 - 97 and 505 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
206) July 2 - 97, 19 & 5 sent at 19:28 hours for an AFA on Koch Rd in the Hill Church section of Pike.
205) July 2 - 97, 19 & 5 sent at 18:24 hours for an AFA on Koch Rd in the Hill Church section of Pike
204) June 30 - Fire Police from 97, 58 & 39 dispatched for traffic control at a no injury MVA of Rt 100 at 8th St in Bally
203) June 25 - 97 and EMS sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
202) June 25 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
201) June 25 - 97 and 505 dispatched for MVA with injuries on Gehringer Rd in Washington - a vehicle into a pole. Additional report to county communication indicated smoke from the vehicle. Chief 97 arrived and held the assignment to units already responding (Engine 97, Tanker 97-1, and Rescue 97). On scene for an hour controlling traffic and hazards.
200) Jun 24 - 97 was dispatched at 1328 hours to assist EMS on location at an ALS Medical in Washington
199) Jun 24 - 97 was dispatched at 1123 hours to assist EMS on location at an ALS Medical in Washington
198) June 20 - 19, 95, 97, 5, and 565 dispatched for possible structure fire in Earl.. reported to be black smoke near a barn. Engine 97, Tankers 97 and 97-1 made the response. Chief 19 arrived and reported a controlled burn and recalled the assignment.
197) June 19 - 97 and EMS sent for an ALS Medical in Bally
196) June 18 - 97 and EMS sent for an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
195) June 14 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS trauma in Bechtelsville.
194) June 11 - 97 and 39 sent for the report of a pole fire on Treichler Rd in District
193) June 9 - 97 and EMS sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
192) June 8 - 39, 58, 97 and 505 were sent for an MVA on St Peter's Rd in Hereford
191) June 7 - Dispatched at 2158 hours for a search for an individual in Bechtelsville. The PASCAR (Pennsylvania Canine Search and Rescue Team based in Adamstown was called in to assist with this successful search. THANK YOU to both humans and canines and all involved!
190) June 5 - 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Moyer Rd in Washington
189) June 3 - 97 Fire Police were dispatched to assist 95 on an MVA on N Reading Ave in Colebrookdale
188) Jun 2 at 1635 hrs, Co's 97, 95, 58 Montco 65 RIT and 332 covering 505 were dispatched to a shed fire in the 400 blk of N Church St Bally Boro, Tanker 97-1 was returning from a detail at the Reading Airport was on location quickly and had smoke showing from the shed and stretched an attack line and knocked a small fire down quickly, assignment was held to the 97 units. 97 units on scene, Tanker 97-1, Engine 97-1, Engine 97 and Traffic 97.
187) May 30 - 525 and 97 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
186) May 29 - 95, 67, 525 and 97 RIT dispatched for possible structure fire in Boyertown
185) May 28 - 595 and 97 sent for an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville
184) May 27 - 97 sent at 2332 hours for an AFA on County Line Road in Washington
183) May 26 - 19 and 97 sent at 2314 hours for an AFA / CO Alarm on Philadelphia Ave in Earl
182) May 26 - 97 and 505 dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Rt 100 in area of Bally Mennonite Church in Washington. Chief 97 arrived and requested a second medic unit. Crews arrived on location and assisted with patient care and controlled hazards, while fire police diverted traffic around the scene. Responding were Rescue 97, Attack 97 and Brush 97. Road closed for approximately 30 minutes.
181) May 26 - 97 and 525 dispatched for ALS Medical on Old Rt 100 in Washington
180) May 25 - Brush 97-1 sent to clean up debris from broken panel of glass on Pine St near South Seventh in Bally
179) May 23 - Montg 67 and Berks 97 dispatched for report of flames behind house in Niantic section of Douglass (Montg). Controlled Burn. Recalled.
178) May 23 - 97, 95, 58, Montg 65, and 505 dispatched for the structure response due to the report of a dumpster on fire next to a home on Second Street in Bally. Crews arrived to find a smoldering dumpster and the homeowner using a garden hose to extinguish active fire and wet down the contents. All units except 97 were recalled, and a 50' section of hose was pulled from E 97-1, while the end of the dumpster was opened and some of the contents were removed. Foam was used to penetrate the remainder of the contents and crews were back at station in 45 minutes. This was our first dispatch from Berks County's new WebCAD system, and it worked well, showing all units which were dispatched on the digital texts, emails and Active 911 screens.
177) May 20 - 97 and 525 dispatched for ALS Medical in Washington
176) May 20 - 97 dispatched for a tree burning on wires on Lenape Road in Washington. Captain 97 arrived and confirmed live wires in tree. While he was reading pole number to dispatch center, the wire broke and fuse tripped. Engines 97 and 97-1 , along with Traffic 07 and Utility 97 responded. Crews waited for arrival of Met-Ed, then barricaded the road and turned the scene over to the utility company.
175) May 19 - Shortly after noon, 97, 95, 58, Montg 65 (RIT), and 505 were dispatched for a possible structure fire at a residence in Bally. Reports were fire at stove. Asst 97-2 arrived quickly and reported fire was out and held the assignment to 97 units. Shortly after that, all 97 units were released.
Three calls within 22 minutes:
172) May 17 - at 0921 hours, 97 and 332 were dispatched for an ALS Trauma at a business in Bally. Call handled by Brush 97-1 and additional personnel
173) May 17 - at 0938 hours, 97 and 575 were dispatched for an ALS Medical at a home in Bally. Call handled by Brush 97-1 and additional personnel.
174) May 17 - at 0943 hours, 97 and 329 were dispatched for an ALS Medical at a business in Bally Call handled by Attack 97 and additional personnel.
171) May 16 - 97 and 39 dispatched to assist EMS on location at an ALS Medical in District
170) May 11 - 97, EMS, and Fire Police from 97 and 58 dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Forgedale Rd in Washington. Additional note by county suggested there might be entrapment. Chief 97 arrived and confirmed minor confinement. Fire crews assisted EMS and were released after transport. Fire Police remained on location to close the road during PSP's investigation.
169) May 10 - 97 dispatched for AFA in Bally
164- 168) Tuesday May 8 saw five dispatches for the personnel of Eastern Berks
- At 0704 hours, Fire Police from 19, 95 and 97 were dispatched for an MVA in Earl Township;
- At 0822 hours, 97 was dispatched for a residential AFA on Crow Hill Rd in Washington
- At 1019 hrs, Rescue 97 was dispatched to assist Company 58 on a MVA with Entrapment, Chestnut St & Huffs Church Rd in Hereford Twp. Chief 58 had arrived and confirmed entrapment and requested Rescue 97 to assist. Rescue 97 arrived and went into service to help free the entrapped person. Rescue 97 and Traffic 97 made the response.
- At 1650 hours, Brush 97-1, along with Fire Police from 97, 58, and 39, were dispatched for an MVA with fluids down and vehicles blocking traffic at Main and Church Streets in Bally
- At 1844 hours, 97 was dispatched for an AFA at a structure on Rt 100 in Washington.
163) May 7 - 97 and 505 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
162) May 5 - Eastern Berks Fire, Bally Medics and Fire Police from EBFD and Hereford were dispatched at 1205 hours for the report of an MVA with injuries on Rt 100 in front of the Washington Elementary School in Washington Twp. Chief 97 went on radio and was told there were actually two accidents. One non-injury accident was being cleaned up, when the second (three vehicle) occurred nearby. Rescue 97 and Attack 97 responded and assisted with patient care, debris cleanup, and hazard control. Fire Police from 97 and 58 were able to maintain one lane of traffic around the scene, alternating north and south bound flow. On scene for one hour, before vehicles were moved and the roadway cleared.
161) May 3 - Fire Police from 97, 58 and 39 dispatched for traffic control for an MVA in Bally. Recalled
160) May 2 - 97 and 525 sent for ALS Medical off Washington Road in Washington Twp.
159) May 2 - 95, Montg 67, 97 and 525 dispatched for report of a structure fire on S. Franklin St in Boyertown. 97 and 67 released.
158) May 2 - 19, 97 and 5 sent to an AFA on Koch Rd in Pike - Recalled
157) May 1 - 95, Montg 67, 97 and 525 dispatched for report of a shed on fire in rear of S Reading Ave in Boyertown. Assignment held to 95 units.
156) May 1 - Engine 97-1 was dispatched at 0241 hours to assist Co 58 with a working mobile home fire on Mountain Scene Drive in Hereford Twp. Crew from Engine 97-1 assisted with overhaul before being released by command. Other Co's on scene were Co's 58, 39, Montco 38 and Medic 505-1. 97 units on scene were Engine 97-1 and Tanker 97-1.
155) April 30 - 97 dispatched at request of 505 to assist at an ALS Medical on Chestnut St in Bally
154) April 30 - 97 and EMS dispatched for an ALS Medical on Barto Rd in Washington
153) April 30 - 97 dispatched at 0125 hours to contain and control gasoline leaking from a vehicle off Limekiln Rd in Bechtelsville
152) April 29 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bally.
151) April 29 - 97 sent for a commercial AFA in Bechtelsville
150) April 28 - 95, Montg 67, 97 and 525 dispatched for the report of a structure fire in Rt 100 in Colebrookdale. Nothing found.
149) April 25 - 97 sent to investigate the report of visible flames in Washington. Deputy 97 reported controlled burn.
148) April 25 - 97 sent to Apple St in Washington for a residential AFA
147) April 23 - Tanker 97 was dispatched at 0333 hours as part of the structure fire response to a residence in Earl. Recalled
146) April 22 at 0937 hours, Eastern Berks was dispatched to assist East Greenville Fire as the Rapid Intervention Team (RIT) on a working fire in the roaster at Blommer Chocolates in Upper Hanover Township. Rescue 97, Engine 97, Traffic 97, and Utility 97 all responded, with personnel from the Engine and Rescue staging in the rear of the building in case there was a downed firefighter. Departments on scene included Montg 38, 65, 71, and 42; Berks 97, and 58; Bucks 57/75; Medics 369 & 344
145) April 21 - 97 and 332 sent for an ALS Medical in Bally
144) April 21 at 1521 hours, Eastern Berks was alerted to assist 49 and 95 on a working fire in a large garage, with fire spreading up the hill into brush and woods on Edge Hill Rd in Douglass (Berks). On scene were: Engine 97, Attack 97, Tanker 97, Tanker 97-1, Brush 97-2, and Traffic 97
143) April 20 - 97 sent to investigate an AFA at a commercial structure in Washington
142) April 20 - 95, 97, Montg 67 and 525 were dispatched for the report of a dumpster fire near a building at Reading Ave and Farmington Rd
141) April 20 - Eastern Berks Fire and EMS were dispatched at 0148 hours for the report of a vehicle fire on Wilt Road in Washington Township. Deputy 97 went on radio, and was advised that the vehicle was near another one and was also located near the garage. Deputy 97 arrived and reported one vehicle fully involved, with extension to the second vehicle; and no extension to the structure. Engine 97 and 97-1 both hit the road and arrived almost at the same time. Engine 97-1 took the driveway and crews pulled two preconnects and attacked each of the vehicles. One foam line was used , and thermal imaging cameras checked the residual heat. The original vehicle was a total loss, while the second suffered some damage to the rear. The garage and the nearby home did not suffer any visible damage. Crews were on scene approximately an hour for overhaul and wrap-up. EBFD apparatus on scene included: Engine 97, Engine 97-1, Tanker 97, Tanker 97-1, and Traffic 97
140) April 18 - 97 and 332 dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Main St in Bally
139) April 16 - 97 sent for a small tree blocking one land of Kutztown Road in Washington. Handled by Brush 97-1
138) April 16 - 5, 19 and 97 sent for a tree down blocking Koch Rd in Pike
137) April 15 - 97, 5, 19, 95, 58, 1, and EMS were dispatched at 2257 hours for the report of a possible structure fire on Rolling Rock Rd in Pike. Crews had difficulty locating the home. but eventually found the correct house and isolated the fire to an appliance. Crews were back at station by 0030 hours on Monday. 97 units on scene were: Engine 97, Engine 97-1, Tanker 97, Tanker 97-1, Attack 97, Rescue 97 and Traffic 97.
136) April 15 - 97 sent to assist Montg 67 on trees and wires on Hoffmansville Rd near Oberholtzer Rd.
135) April 15 - Fire Police from 19, 5, 97, and 95 dispatched for traffic control at the scene of an MVA (car into tree) in Earl. Rt 73 was closed between Manatawny and Covered Bridge.
134) April 15 - 505 and 97 dispatched for an ALS Medical in Bally. EMS recalled fire, but requested fire police be dispatched for traffic control on Rt 100 at the scene.
133) April 14 - As crews were leaving the previous brush fire, they were dispatched for an ALS Medical on Landis Store Rd in District. Crews assisted in patient care, as well as providing a driver so both medics could be in the back with the patient.
132) April 14 - 97 dispatched to assist 58 and 39 on a large brush and woods fire off Mountain Road in Hereford. Many additional units were called for assistance. Some of those on scene include: Berks 58, 39, 97, 95, 21, 505; Lehigh 19, 66; Montg 65. With bulk of fire knocked after 2 hours, crews completed mop up and turned the scene over to DCNR. (See post on home page)
131) April 13 - 97 and Montg 67 sent for an AFA on Lone Pine Rd in Douglass
130) April 13 - 97, 39, 58, 21 and 505 were was dispatched to the 500 block of Huffs Church Rd, District Twp for a brush fire. Chief 97 went enroute and was advised by dispatch that it was a large corn field on fire. Chief 97 arrived on location and reported the fire was started from the farmer working in the field, fire was extinguished by the farmer all units could recall. 97 units enroute Brush 97, Brush 97-1, Brush 97-2, Tanker 97, Tanker 97-1 and Engine 97-1.
129) April 11 - 97 was requested by Medic 505 to report to a home in Washington Township to assist the medic in gaining entry to a home.
128) April 10 - 97 and 505 were sent to a residence in Washington for an ALS Medical
127) April 8 - 97 and 525 were dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington
126) April 7 - 95, Montg 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 were dispatched to a possible structure fire on 4th Street in Boyertown. Held to 95 units.
125) April 6 - Fire Police from 95, 97, and Montg 67 were dispatched at 0203 hours along with 95 and 525 for an MVA (car vs two deer) on Rt 100 in Colebrookdale - No services needed.
124) April 5 - Company 97 was dispatched at 1127 hours to the 6600 blk of Ridge Rd Upper Milford Twp to assist on a 2nd alarm structure fire. EBFD units on scene were Tanker 97, Tanker 97-1 and Engine 97-1. (see post for more photos)
123) April 4 at 2128 hours, Fire Police from 97, 39, and 58 were sent to Huffs Church and Benfield Roads for traffic control at an MVA.
122) April 4 at 1736 hours, 97 sent for live wires down and sparking on Old Rt 100 near Sugar Maple Rd in Washington.
121) April 4 at 1605 hours, fire police from 97, 19 and 95 were sent for traffic control around a down tree on Water Street in Earl
120) April 4 - 97, 505, and Fire Police from 97 and 95 sent at 1553 hours for the report of an MVA on Rt 100 in Washington.
119) April 4 - 97 sent at 1543 hours for a tree down on wires blocking Hill Church Road in Washington. Township placed barriers and Met-Ed notified.
118) April 4 - 97 sent at 14:58 hours for a tree down on wires blocking Old Rt 100 between Sycamore and Forgedale Roads in Washington. Met-Ed notified, barricades placed and company made available
117) April 3 - At 0800 hours, Rescue 97, Attack 97, Medic 505 and Fire Police from 97 and 95 were dispatched to the report of an MVA with injuries on County Line Road in Washington. Additional notes reported that the vehicle was a school van, but no students were aboard at the time of the incident. Further notes indicated that a tree was down cross the roadway. Crews arrived to find school van against a tree, with another tree down behind the accident scene. Crews assisted with patient care, mitigated hazards, removed the downed tree and controlled traffic. Driver was transported to a local hospital. On scene for a hour.
116) April 2 - 97 and EMS sent for an ALS Medical in Pike
115) April 1 - 97 sent for an AFA in Bechtelsville
114) March 31 - 39, 58, 505, and Rescue 97 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Seisholtsville Rd in Hereford. Rescue 97 was recalled while enroute.
113) March 29 - 97 was dispatched for an AFA in District. Engine 19 and Brush 19 were covering for 97, while EBFD was posting an honor guard for the calling hour for Past Bechtelsville Fire President Earl Reitnauer, Jr. Those Company 19 units along with Engine 97. responded and determined the alarm was set off by a faulty detector. Thank you Earl for covering both Thursday night and Friday.
112) March 29 - 97, EMS and Fire Police from 97 and 58 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries on Rt 100 in Washington. Chief 97 arrived shortly after dispatch and determined no fire services were needed.
111) March 27 - Fire Police from 97, 67, 19, and 49 were sent to assist 95 fire police in shutting down Rt 73 in Colebrookdale for police activity.
110) March 26 - 97 dispatched to investigate a possible propane leak in Washington. Nothing found.
109) March 25 - 97 and EMS sent to County Line Rd in Washington for an ALS Medical
108) March 24 - 97 and 525 were redirected to a BLS Medical in Washington at 2135 hours, after 505 went available and responded to the previous incident.
107) March 24 - 97 and 525 dispatched for an ALS Medical on Hill Church Rd in Washington at 2131 hours.
106) March 24 - while at previous call, 97 and 332 were sent for a BLS Trauma on Old Route 100 in Washington
105) March 24 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Trauma on Washington Rd in Washington Twp
104) March 23 - 97 and 19 sent for wires down on Hill Church Rd in Pike
103) March 23 - 97 sent to assist EMS for a BLS Trauma on Main St in Bally
102) March 22 - 97 sent to check on visible flames on Forgedale Rd in Washington
101) March 21 - after heavy snowfall, 97 and 505 were dispatched for an MVA - car into a pole - on Old Rt 100 in Washington
100) March 17 - 505, 97 and Montg 67 were dispatched at 0207 hours for an ALS Medical in Douglass
99) March 14 - 95, 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 dispatched for possible structure fire in Boyertown. Assignment held to 95 units.
98) March 14 - 97 and 505, along with Fire Police from 97 and 58, were dispatched at 1415 hours for the report of an MVA with pole down, vehicle into a creek, and the driver out of the vehicle on Dale Road in Washington. Chief 97 arrived and confirmed report and advised EMS for an evaluation of the driver. The chief also advised that there did not appear to be any fluids leaking into the creek. Rescue 97 and Attack 97 arrived, and controlled traffic until fire police could close Dale Road from Dairy to Forgedale. PSP arrived and called for a tow to remove the vehicle from the creek. Met-Ed arrive to cut the pole and pull the wires off to the side of the roadway.
97) March 13- at 1120 hrs, 97 RIT was dispatched to assist Montg 65 in the 300 block of Main St Pennsburg Boro, for a building fire. Rescue 97 responded with a crew of 6 and staged until released by command 65.
96) March 13 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical in Bally
95) March 12 - 97, Montg 67 and 505 dispatched to an ALS Medical in Douglass Montg
94) Mar 11 - 19, 5 and 97 Fire Police dispatched for traffic control at an MVA in Earl
93) Mar 11 - 97 sent to Old Route 100 in Washington for a BLS Trauma
92) - Mar 11 - 97 sent to District Twp for an ALS Trauma
91) Mar 11 - 97 was dispatched at 0318 hours as RIT on a Working Structure Fire in the 600 Block of Penn Ave, West Reading Boro. Engine 97 responded with a full crew, as they approached the scene and called for instructions, command stated we could recall.
90) Mar 10 - 97 sent at 1045 hours for a wire across County Line Road in Washington.
89) Mar 10 - 97 and 505 dispatched at 0706 hours for an ALS Medical in Bally
88) Mar 10 - 97, 95, Montco 65 (RIT) and Medic 505 were dispatched at 0256 hours for a flare up from the previous day's barn fire in Washington. Deputy 97 immediately recalled all units except 97. 97 units reported back to the scene and stretched a line to the far side of the fire scene where a deep seated fire continued to smolder in the rubble. In service for 30 minutes.
87) Mar 9 - 97, 39 and 505 dispatched at 2245 hours for an MVA on Huffs Church Road in District
86) Mar 9 - Fire Police from 97 and 95 dispatched for traffic control at tanker fill site at Station 3 in Bechtelsville
85) Mar 9 - 97, 95, Montco 65 (RIT) and Medic 505 were dispatched at 0743 hours for a large barn on fire just south of intersection of Rt 100 and Passmore Roads, Washington Twp. Chief 97 arrived shortly after dispatch and immediately requested a second alarm due to the large amount of fire, heavy winds, and the proximity of a second smaller barn and a house. Water was obtained from a large pond across Rt 100, from dual 5" lines, as well as a tanker fill site at the Bechtelsville station of Eastern Berks Fire. Among those responding were: Eastern Berks, Boyertown, Pennsburg, East Greenville, Gilbertsville, Hereford, Seisholtsville, Earl, Upper Pottsgrove, and New Hanover Fire Companies; Salvation Army provided food and refreshments and Bally Medics for standby. Fire police from area departments closed Rt 100 for more than five hours due to fire apparatus and hose lines blocking the road. The barn was filled with collectibles and yard sale items, and although it contained no animals, a number of miniature horses were pastured to the rear of the structure and were unharmed. Heavy equipment was brought in to raze what was left of the steel roofed and sided barn, in order to get to the seat of the fire. Crews returned in the afternoon to douse a small flareup.
84) Mar 8 - 97 dispatched for an AFA at a commercial structure in Bechtelsville
83) Mar 7 - At 1346 hours - cleared a tree down blocking at Forgedale and Kemp Road in District
82) Mar 7 - 97 along with Fire Police from 97, and 95, were dispatched at 1343 hours to an MVA with injuries on Rt 100 near Mill St in Washington during snow.
81) Mar 7 - Fire Police sent at 1245 hours to 600 block of Huffs Church Road in District for traffic control in heavy snow
80) Mar 7 - At 1217 hours - tree down and blocking Old Route 100 between Robin Hill and Bales Lane in Washington in heavy snow
79) Mar 7 - During heavy snow, Fire Police from 97 at 1112 hours to a second spin out in the same area as the first on Rt 100 near Ehst Rd in Washington.
78) Mar 7 - 97 along with Fire Police from 97, 95 and Montg 67, were dispatched at 1043 hours to an MVA (unknown injuries) on Rt 100 near Ehst Rd in Washington during heavy snow. Deputy 97 held the response to Utility 97 and Fire Police.
77) Mar 3 - 97 sent for tree blocking County Line Road in Washington during "Riley"
76) Mar 3 - 97 sent at 0118 for wires down on Miller Rd in Douglass (Montg) during "Riley"
75) Mar 2 - 97 sent for trees and wires blocking Lenape Road in Washington during "Riley"
74) Mar 2 - 97 sent for trees and wires blocking Hillcrest Road in Washington during "Riley"
73) Mar 2 - 97 Fire Police sent to assist 95 for traffic control around a transformer fire in Boyertown during "Riley"
72) Mar 2 - 97 sent for another trees and wires on Heydt School House Rd in Washington during winter storm "Riley"
71) Mar 2 - Brush 97 and Fire Police sent to assist 95 for trees and wires in Colebrookdale during winter storm "Riley"
70) Mar 2 - 97 sent for wires on County Line Rd in Washington during winter storm "Riley"
69) Mar 2 - Mar 2 - 97 sent for trees and wires on Merkel Road in District during winter storm "Riley"
68) Mar 2 - 97 sent for another trees and wires on County Line Rd in Washington during winter storm "Riley"
67) Mar 2 - 97 for trees and wires on County Line Rd in Washington during winter storm "Riley"
66) Mar 2 - 97 Fire Police sent for traffic control for different disabled vehicle during winter storm "Riley" on Huffs Church Rd in District
65) Mar 2 - 97 Fire Police sent for traffic control for disabled vehicles during winter storm "Riley" on Huffs Church Road in District
64) Mar 2 - 97 Fire Police dispatched at 0137 hours to assist 58 with traffic control during heavy rain for a disabled TT in Hereford
63) Mar 1 - 39, 58, 97 and 505 dispatched for MVA on Huffs Church Rd in Hereford
62) Mar 1 - Sent with EMS for an ALS Medical in District
61) Feb 28 - Rescue 97 was dispatched for a fire relocate to Company 49 in Amity
60) Feb 25 - sent for tree down in Bechtelsville
56, 57, 58, & 59) Feb 17 & 18 - During Winter Storm "Noah" - 97 responded to the following: 2/17 at 1920 hours - during the height of the storm - sent to Baldy Hill Road above Landis Store in District Twp for report of an MVA. Roads were untreated, snow covered and additional snow falling at two inches an hour; 2/17 at 2015 hours, Assistant 97-2 asked county to dispatch EMS and one truck for an MVA on Rt 100 north of Bally in Washington Twp; 2/17 later in the storm, 97 and 505 were sent for an ALS Medical in Hereford. Asst 97-2 held 97 units at station and had county dispatch 58, since it was in their first run territory; 2/18 at 0306 hours, EMS and Utility 97 (with the plow) were sent to an ALS Medical in Bally.
55) Feb 17 - 97 Fire Police sent at 0936 hours to assist 39 with traffic control at Seisholtsville and St Peter's Roads in Hereford.
54) Feb 17 - 97 Fire Police sent at 0802 hours to assist 95 Fire Police for traffic control after an MVA in Colebrookdale
53) Feb 15 - 97, 505 along with fire police from 97 and 95 were dispatched at 0614 hours to an MVA/UNK, reported vehicle over the embankment, additional was a nurse was on location tending to the patient, Deputy 97 confirmed one vehicle blocking one lane of traffic, 97 personnel assist EMS, mitigated fluids and cleaned up the debris. 97 units on location Rescue 97 and Brush 97-1. Thanks to Traffic 95 with assisting with the road closure.
52) Feb 15 - Engine 97 was dispatched at 0149 hours to standby at Pottstown Station 69A while they are operating at a working structure fire.
51) Feb 14 - Companies 19, 95, and 97 were dispatched at 1445 hours for the report of a fully involved house fire on School House Road in Earl Township. Reports from neighbors indicated heavy fire showing. Earl Command was established and a second alarm was quickly requested, followed shortly afterwards by a tanker task force for water. Engine 97, Attack 97, and Tankers 97 & 97-1 went into the scene, while Engine 97-1 established a tanker fill site on Koch Road at a farm pond with a dry hydrant. We thank Johnny Cleaver for permission to use his photo of the house before arrival of fire apparatus. It was a long day for 97 personnel who had spent five hours in the morning at a fatal accident.
50) Feb 14 - 97, 39 and 505 were dispatched at 0648 hours to the 900 blk of Huffs Church Rd District Twp for a MVA with Injuries and Entrapment. Reported to be vehicle vs. dump truck. Chief 97 arrived on location and confirmed the report, with 1 possible fatality. EMS arrived and confirmed the fatality. Crews waited on scene until PSP accident reconstruction crews performed their measurements. Personnel were then given permission to extricate the victim. One large wrecker from Berks Mont Towing lifted the front end of the dump truck, while a second wrecker pulled the car our from under the truck. Rescue crews were then able to remove a door to allow access to the driver of the car. Huff's Church Road was closed and traffic diverted for more than four hours by fire police from Eastern Berks and Seisholtsville. Our condolences and prayers to all involved. 97 units on location Rescue 97, Engine 97-1, Attack 97, Brush 97-1 and Utility 97.
49) Feb 13 - 95, 67, 97(RIT), and 525 dispatched for possible structure fire in Boyertown.
48) Feb 11 - 97 sent to assist Berks County Coroner with lifting for a removal in Washington.
47) Feb 11 - 97 sent to assist removal of trapped pet inside a heating duct in a home in Washington.
46) Feb 11 - 97 dispatched to Bally to investigate explosion in the area. Many people in a few mile radius, including firefighters, reported hearing and feeling the loud noise. No cause determined.
45) Feb 9 - 95, 97, Montg 67 and 525 were dispatched at 0902 hours,for a house fire on Alans Lane in Colebrookdale Township. EMS reported smoke from a mile out. Police quickly arrived on scene and reported a working fire. A second alarm was sounded bringing additional departments with manpower. Companies on scene including Boyertown, Gilbertsville, Eastern Berks, Earl, Amity, New Hanover, Upper Pottsgrove, West Pottsgrove and Ringing Hill fire companies; Boyertown EMS; and; Salvation Army canteen. On scene from 97 were: Engines 97 & 97-1, Attack 97 and Utility 97.
44) Feb 8 - Fire Police from 95 and 97 dispatched for Traffic Control at scene of police activity in Bechtelsville
43) Feb 8 - 97 dispatched at 0550 hours for an AFA at a business in Bally
42) Feb 7 - Storm call #3 - 97, 505 and fire police from 97 and 95 dispatched for an MVA on County Line Road In Washington. Captain 97-1 arrived and reported one patient for an evaluation. Chief 97 arrived and determined no fire services needed and recalled EBFD
41) Feb 7 - at 1207 hours, Fire Police from 39 and 97, along with 505 were dispatched for an MVA on Huffs Church Rd in District Twp during the same winter storm
40) Feb 7 - at 1106 hrs, 97 was dispatched to a vehicle fire on Woods Ln, Washington Twp, reported to be a pickup truck, Chief 97 had a working fire, Engine 97-1 stretched a line and knocked the fire down quickly. 97 units on location, Engine 97-1, Engine 97, Brush 97-1 and Attack 97.
39) Feb 6 - 97 and 525 for an ALS Trauma in Bally
38) Feb 4 - 19, 97 and 95 Fire Police were dispatched for traffic control around an MVA in Earl
37) Feb 3 - 97 dispatched for a Carbon Monoxide Alarm activation at a home on Wissinger Road in Washington. Engines 97 and 97-1 responded,and personnel with meters and SCBA entered the residence and found elevated reading of CO. After investigation, it was determined the source to be auxiliary heater. Heater shut down and home was ventilated.
36) 97 dispatched for fluids and debris down after an MVA on Locust Rd in Washington
35) Feb 2 - Engine 97 and Tanker 97 were among the units dispatched to assist 95 at the scene of a fire involving multiple vehicles spreading to an adjacent dwelling on a road off Englesville Hill Rd in Douglass Berks. Companies dispatched included 95, 49, 97, 19, 525, Mong 67, 79, and 57. Making the response from 97 was Engine 97, Utility 97 and Tanker 97-1.
34) Feb 2 - 97, 505 and Fire Police from 97 and 58 were sent for an MVA - reported to be a car into a field off Rt 100 in Washington. Chief 97 arrived and recalled the assignment - no services needed.
33) Feb 1 - Companies 39, 58 , 97 and 505 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries, reported to involve four vehicles at Seisholtsville and St Peter's Roads in Hereford. Asst 39 arrived and recalled 97 and 58, with the exception of fire police.
32) Jan 30 - Attack 97 was dispatched at the request of Captain 19, and 19, 5, and 565 were responded to the report of an overturned tractor trailer with injuries at the landfill off of Longview Road in Earl. See Post For Details
31) Jan 30 - 97 and 21 sent at 0050 hours to assist 58 and 39 on a fire alarm in Hereford
30) Jan 29 - 97 was among those sent for a possible Haz-Mat in Pike - reported to be propane leak
29) Jan 28 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
28) Jan 28 - 97 dispatched to investigate report of flames visible in Washington
27) Jan 25 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
26) Jan 25 - 97 and 505 dispatched at 0158 for an ALS Medical in Washington
25) Jan 23 - 97 dispatched for a tree blocking Weisstown Road the roadway in Washington
24) Jan 22 - Co's 58, 39, 97 and Medic 505 were dispatched at 1856 hours to an MVA with unknown injuries on Huffs Church Rd in Hereford Twp, Additional calls reported entrapment with 2 vehicles head on. Chief 58 arrived and confirmed entrapment and advised Rescue 97 it would be a rapid extrication to go into service with the Hurst Edraulic tools. Personnel from 58 and 97 worked together and quickly extricated the patient by removing doors and the roof, patient was transported by Medic 505-1, Medic 575 was also on scene to transport another patient from the accident.
23) Jan 22 - 97 dispatched at request of EMS for assist in removing patient from second floor of residence in Washington
18-22) BUSY SUNDAY on January 21.
It started at 0319 hours, when 97 and 505 were dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington Twp. Medics needed additional help with the patient in the home and during transport. Two EBFD firefighters rode in the ambulance to provide assistance.
At 1326 hours, while firefighters and their families were enjoying their annual post-holiday dinner at the Bechtelsville station in the banquet hall of Keystone Fire Company.97 was dispatched to assist EMS at an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville. Attack 97 responded to assist.
At 1345 hours, while the remainder of the crew and their families continued to enjoy an excellent meal, Engine 97-1 (out of the Bally Station) was dispatched to assist Topton on a 2nd Alarm house fire in the Mertztown area of Longswamp. Since most crew members were already at Bechtelsville, Engine 97 (out of Bechtelsville) responded in place of Engine 97-1. Other firefighters returned to the Bally station to stand-by in case of other calls, or more help was need in Longswamp.
At 1503 hours, while still at the Bally station, 97 , along with 95 and 19 to help cover, were sent for a Carbon Monoxide Alarm in the basement of a residence in Washington. Engine 97-1, Brush 97-1, Attack 97 and Tanker 97 covered that assignment, and 95 and 19 were recalled.
In the meantime, Engine 97 was released from the fire scene in Longswamp and asked to stand-by at Topton's station while they overhauled their fire scene and secured their hose and equipment
17) - Jan 19 - 39, 58, 97 and 505 dispatched for a Hazardous Material Incident with symptoms on Dale Road in Hereford Township.
16) Jan 19 - 97 and 505 dispatched at 1522 hours for a multi-vehicle MVA with injuries on Main St (Rt 100) in Bally. Chief 97 arrived to find all lanes blocked and ordered fire police to shut down the roadway and divert traffic. Fire crews controlled hazards and assisted EMS with patient care. Traffic was detoured off off Main Street for 75 minutes while victims were treated, police investigated, and the wreckage was cleared.
15) Jan 18 - Sent with EMS for ALS Medical in Washington
14) Jan 17 - 97 and 505 were dispatched at 0535 hours on a snowy morning, to a MVA unknown injuries in the 200 block of Heydts School House Rd, Washington Twp. Notes indicated one vehicle over an embankment. Captain 97 arrived on location and reported a vehicle on its side in a creek bed. Deputy 97 arrived and reported no one in or around the vehicle. Deputy 97 held the Rescue at the Bally station, and had Attack 97 proceed with caution on the snowy roads. Thanks to the Fire Police, PSP and Berks Mont Towing for the assistance!
13) Jan 12 - 97 and EMS sent for a BLS Trauma in Washington
12) Jan 12 - 97 dispatched at 0143 hours for an AFA at a commercial structure in Bally
11) Jan 10 - 95, Montg 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 dispatched for possible structure fire in Colebrookdale
10) Jan 8 - 97 sent for the report of a Carbon Monoxide Alarm in Washington
9) Jan 7 - Fire Police from 97, 58 and 39 dispatched by PSP for traffic control on Main St in Bally. 58 and 39 recalled when sufficient personnel from 97 responded.
8) Jan 7 - 97 and EMS dispatched for an ALS Trauma in Bally
7) Jan 7 - 97 dispatched at 0015 hours to assist EMS in Washington
6) Jan 5 - 97 and 505 dispatched for a pediatric ALS Medical in Washington
5) Jan 4 - 97 sent for a residential AFA in Washington
4) Jan 4 - 97 dispatched to assist Montg 67 on an AFA off Hoffmansville Road in Douglass Montg
3) Jan 3 - 97 and 39 were sent to assist 505 on location with moving a patient to the medic unit. While responding, fire units were advised this might be carbon monoxide related.
2) Jan 3 - Co 97, Medic 505-2 and Co 97 and 95 Fire Police were dispatched to an MVA/UNK, reported 3 vehicles, Deputy 97 arrived and reported 2 vehicles in traffic, EMS evaluated the patients, 97 personnel mitigated fluids and cleaned debris, Berks-Mont towing handled the tow, Co 95 FP assisted with traffic control.
1) Jan 1) Eastern Berks Fire received its first dispatch of 2018 on January 1st at 0512 hours when 97 and 505 were sent for an MVA with injuries at 2nd and Main Streets in Bally. The vehicle traveled through the corner of a cemetery before hitting two road signs and a a pole. Crews assisted EMS with gaining access to the patient and once EMS transported, fire was made available within thirty minutes of dispatch.