2018 Call Log (unofficial)
99) March 16 - 505, 97 and Montg 67 were dispatched at 0207 hours for an ALS Medical in Douglass
98) March 14 - 95, 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 dispatched for possible structure fire in Boyertown. Assignment held to 95 units.
97) March 14 - 97 and 505, along with Fire Police from 97 and 58, were dispatched at 1415 hours for the report of an MVA with pole down, vehicle into a creek, and the driver out of the vehicle on Dale Road in Washington. Chief 97 arrived and confirmed report and advised EMS for an evaluation of the driver. The chief also advised that there did not appear to be any fluids leaking into the creek. Rescue 97 and Attack 97 arrived, and controlled traffic until fire police could close Dale Road from Dairy to Forgedale. PSP arrived and called for a tow to remove the vehicle from the creek. Met-Ed arrive to cut the pole and pull the wires off to the side of the roadway.
96) March 13- at 1120 hrs, 97 RIT was dispatched to assist Montg 65 in the 300 block of Main St Pennsburg Boro, for a building fire. Rescue 97 responded with a crew of 6 and staged until released by command 65.
95) March 13 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical in Bally
94) March 12 - 97, Montg 67 and 505 dispatched to an ALS Medical in Douglass Montg
93) Mar 11 - 19, 5 and 97 Fire Police dispatched for traffic control at an MVA in Earl
92) Mar 11 - 97 sent to Old Route 100 in Washington for a BLS Trauma
91) - Mar 11 - 97 sent to District Twp for an ALS Trauma
90) Mar 11 - 97 was dispatched at 0318 hours as RIT on a Working Structure Fire in the 600 Block of Penn Ave, West Reading Boro. Engine 97 responded with a full crew, as they approached the scene and called for instructions, command stated we could recall.
89) Mar 10 - 97 sent at 1045 hours for a wire across County Line Road in Washington.
88) Mar 10 - 97 and 505 dispatched at 0706 hours for an ALS Medical in Bally
87) Mar 10 - 97, 95, Montco 65 (RIT) and Medic 505 were dispatched at 0256 hours for a flare up from the previous day's barn fire in Washington. Deputy 97 immediately recalled all units except 97. 97 units reported back to the scene and stretched a line to the far side of the fire scene where a deep seated fire continued to smolder in the rubble. In service for 30 minutes.
86) Mar 9 - 97, 39 and 505 dispatched at 2245 hours for an MVA on Huffs Church Road in District
85) Mar 9 - 97, 95, Montco 65 (RIT) and Medic 505 were dispatched at 0743 hours for a large barn on fire just south of intersection of Rt 100 and Passmore Roads, Washington Twp. Chief 97 arrived shortly after dispatch and immediately requested a second alarm due to the large amount of fire, heavy winds, and the proximity of a second smaller barn and a house. Water was obtained from a large pond across Rt 100, from dual 5" lines, as well as a tanker fill site at the Bechtelsville station of Eastern Berks Fire. Among those responding were: Eastern Berks, Boyertown, Pennsburg, East Greenville, Gilbertsville, Hereford, Seisholtsville, Earl, Upper Pottsgrove, and New Hanover Fire Companies; Salvation Army provided food and refreshments and Bally Medics for standby. Fire police from area departments closed Rt 100 for more than five hours due to fire apparatus and hose lines blocking the road. The barn was filled with collectibles and yard sale items, and although it contained no animals, a number of miniature horses were pastured to the rear of the structure and were unharmed. Heavy equipment was brought in to raze what was left of the steel roofed and sided barn, in order to get to the seat of the fire. Crews returned in the afternoon to douse a small flareup.
84) Mar 8 - 97 dispatched for an AFA at a commercial structure in Bechtelsville
83) Mar 7 - At 1346 hours - cleared a tree down blocking at Forgedale and Kemp Road in District
82) Mar 7 - 97 along with Fire Police from 97, and 95, were dispatched at 1343 hours to an MVA with injuries on Rt 100 near Mill St in Washington during snow.
81) Mar 7 - Fire Police sent at 1245 hours to 600 block of Huffs Church Road in District for traffic control in heavy snow
80) Mar 7 - At 1217 hours - tree down and blocking Old Route 100 between Robin Hill and Bales Lane in Washington in heavy snow
79) Mar 7 - During heavy snow, Fire Police from 97 at 1112 hours to a second spin out in the same area as the first on Rt 100 near Ehst Rd in Washington.
78) Mar 7 - 97 along with Fire Police from 97, 95 and Montg 67, were dispatched at 1043 hours to an MVA (unknown injuries) on Rt 100 near Ehst Rd in Washington during heavy snow. Deputy 97 held the response to Utility 97 and Fire Police.
77) Mar 3 - 97 sent for tree blocking County Line Road in Washington during "Riley"
76) Mar 3 - 97 sent at 0118 for wires down on Miller Rd in Douglass (Montg) during "Riley"
75) Mar 2 - 97 sent for trees and wires blocking Lenape Road in Washington during "Riley"
74) Mar 2 - 97 sent for trees and wires blocking Hillcrest Road in Washington during "Riley"
73) Mar 2 - 97 Fire Police sent to assist 95 for traffic control around a transformer fire in Boyertown during "Riley"
72) Mar 2 - 97 sent for another trees and wires on Heydt School House Rd in Washington during winter storm "Riley"
71) Mar 2 - Brush 97 and Fire Police sent to assist 95 for trees and wires in Colebrookdale during winter storm "Riley"
70) Mar 2 - 97 sent for wires on County Line Rd in Washington during winter storm "Riley"
69) Mar 2 - Mar 2 - 97 sent for trees and wires on Merkel Road in District during winter storm "Riley"
68) Mar 2 - 97 sent for another trees and wires on County Line Rd in Washington during winter storm "Riley"
67) Mar 2 - 97 for trees and wires on County Line Rd in Washington during winter storm "Riley"
66) Mar 2 - 97 Fire Police sent for traffic control for different disabled vehicle during winter storm "Riley" on Huffs Church Rd in District
65) Mar 2 - 97 Fire Police sent for traffic control for disabled vehicles during winter storm "Riley" on Huffs Church Road in District
64) Mar 2 - 97 Fire Police dispatched at 0137 hours to assist 58 with traffic control during heavy rain for a disabled TT in Hereford
63) Mar 1 - 39, 58, 97 and 505 dispatched for MVA on Huffs Church Rd in Hereford
62) Mar 1 - Sent with EMS for an ALS Medical in District
61) Feb 28 - Rescue 97 was dispatched for a fire relocate to Company 49 in Amity
60) Feb 25 - sent for tree down in Bechtelsville
56, 57, 58, & 59) Feb 17 & 18 - During Winter Storm "Noah" - 97 responded to the following: 2/17 at 1920 hours - during the height of the storm - sent to Baldy Hill Road above Landis Store in District Twp for report of an MVA. Roads were untreated, snow covered and additional snow falling at two inches an hour; 2/17 at 2015 hours, Assistant 97-2 asked county to dispatch EMS and one truck for an MVA on Rt 100 north of Bally in Washington Twp; 2/17 later in the storm, 97 and 505 were sent for an ALS Medical in Hereford. Asst 97-2 held 97 units at station and had county dispatch 58, since it was in their first run territory; 2/18 at 0306 hours, EMS and Utility 97 (with the plow) were sent to an ALS Medical in Bally.
55) Feb 17 - 97 Fire Police sent at 0936 hours to assist 39 with traffic control at Seisholtsville and St Peter's Roads in Hereford.
54) Feb 17 - 97 Fire Police sent at 0802 hours to assist 95 Fire Police for traffic control after an MVA in Colebrookdale
53) Feb 15 - 97, 505 along with fire police from 97 and 95 were dispatched at 0614 hours to an MVA/UNK, reported vehicle over the embankment, additional was a nurse was on location tending to the patient, Deputy 97 confirmed one vehicle blocking one lane of traffic, 97 personnel assist EMS, mitigated fluids and cleaned up the debris. 97 units on location Rescue 97 and Brush 97-1. Thanks to Traffic 95 with assisting with the road closure.
52) Feb 15 - Engine 97 was dispatched at 0149 hours to standby at Pottstown Station 69A while they are operating at a working structure fire.
51) Feb 14 - Companies 19, 95, and 97 were dispatched at 1445 hours for the report of a fully involved house fire on School House Road in Earl Township. Reports from neighbors indicated heavy fire showing. Earl Command was established and a second alarm was quickly requested, followed shortly afterwards by a tanker task force for water. Engine 97, Attack 97, and Tankers 97 & 97-1 went into the scene, while Engine 97-1 established a tanker fill site on Koch Road at a farm pond with a dry hydrant. We thank Johnny Cleaver for permission to use his photo of the house before arrival of fire apparatus. It was a long day for 97 personnel who had spent five hours in the morning at a fatal accident.
50) Feb 14 - 97, 39 and 505 were dispatched at 0648 hours to the 900 blk of Huffs Church Rd District Twp for a MVA with Injuries and Entrapment. Reported to be vehicle vs. dump truck. Chief 97 arrived on location and confirmed the report, with 1 possible fatality. EMS arrived and confirmed the fatality. Crews waited on scene until PSP accident reconstruction crews performed their measurements. Personnel were then given permission to extricate the victim. One large wrecker from Berks Mont Towing lifted the front end of the dump truck, while a second wrecker pulled the car our from under the truck. Rescue crews were then able to remove a door to allow access to the driver of the car. Huff's Church Road was closed and traffic diverted for more than four hours by fire police from Eastern Berks and Seisholtsville. Our condolences and prayers to all involved. 97 units on location Rescue 97, Engine 97-1, Attack 97, Brush 97-1 and Utility 97.
49) Feb 13 - 95, 67, 97(RIT), and 525 dispatched for possible structure fire in Boyertown.
48) Feb 11 - 97 sent to assist Berks County Coroner with lifting for a removal in Washington.
47) Feb 11 - 97 sent to assist removal of trapped pet inside a heating duct in a home in Washington.
46) Feb 11 - 97 dispatched to Bally to investigate explosion in the area. Many people in a few mile radius, including firefighters, reported hearing and feeling the loud noise. No cause determined.
45) Feb 9 - 95, 97, Montg 67 and 525 were dispatched at 0902 hours,for a house fire on Alans Lane in Colebrookdale Township. EMS reported smoke from a mile out. Police quickly arrived on scene and reported a working fire. A second alarm was sounded bringing additional departments with manpower. Companies on scene including Boyertown, Gilbertsville, Eastern Berks, Earl, Amity, New Hanover, Upper Pottsgrove, West Pottsgrove and Ringing Hill fire companies; Boyertown EMS; and; Salvation Army canteen. On scene from 97 were: Engines 97 & 97-1, Attack 97 and Utility 97.
44) Feb 8 - Fire Police from 95 and 97 dispatched for Traffic Control at scene of police activity in Bechtelsville
43) Feb 8 - 97 dispatched at 0550 hours for an AFA at a business in Bally
42) Feb 7 - Storm call #3 - 97, 505 and fire police from 97 and 95 dispatched for an MVA on County Line Road In Washington. Captain 97-1 arrived and reported one patient for an evaluation. Chief 97 arrived and determined no fire services needed and recalled EBFD
41) Feb 7 - at 1207 hours, Fire Police from 39 and 97, along with 505 were dispatched for an MVA on Huffs Church Rd in District Twp during the same winter storm
40) Feb 7 - at 1106 hrs, 97 was dispatched to a vehicle fire on Woods Ln, Washington Twp, reported to be a pickup truck, Chief 97 had a working fire, Engine 97-1 stretched a line and knocked the fire down quickly. 97 units on location, Engine 97-1, Engine 97, Brush 97-1 and Attack 97.
39) Feb 6 - 97 and 525 for an ALS Trauma in Bally
38) Feb 4 - 19, 97 and 95 Fire Police were dispatched for traffic control around an MVA in Earl
37) Feb 3 - 97 dispatched for a Carbon Monoxide Alarm activation at a home on Wissinger Road in Washington. Engines 97 and 97-1 responded,and personnel with meters and SCBA entered the residence and found elevated reading of CO. After investigation, it was determined the source to be auxiliary heater. Heater shut down and home was ventilated.
36) 97 dispatched for fluids and debris down after an MVA on Locust Rd in Washington
35) Feb 2 - Engine 97 and Tanker 97 were among the units dispatched to assist 95 at the scene of a fire involving multiple vehicles spreading to an adjacent dwelling on a road off Englesville Hill Rd in Douglass Berks. Companies dispatched included 95, 49, 97, 19, 525, Mong 67, 79, and 57. Making the response from 97 was Engine 97, Utility 97 and Tanker 97-1.
34) Feb 2 - 97, 505 and Fire Police from 97 and 58 were sent for an MVA - reported to be a car into a field off Rt 100 in Washington. Chief 97 arrived and recalled the assignment - no services needed.
33) Feb 1 - Companies 39, 58 , 97 and 505 were dispatched for an MVA with injuries, reported to involve four vehicles at Seisholtsville and St Peter's Roads in Hereford. Asst 39 arrived and recalled 97 and 58, with the exception of fire police.
32) Jan 30 - Attack 97 was dispatched at the request of Captain 19, and 19, 5, and 565 were responded to the report of an overturned tractor trailer with injuries at the landfill off of Longview Road in Earl. See Post For Details
31) Jan 30 - 97 and 21 sent at 0050 hours to assist 58 and 39 on a fire alarm in Hereford
30) Jan 29 - 97 was among those sent for a possible Haz-Mat in Pike - reported to be propane leak
29) Jan 28 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
28) Jan 28 - 97 dispatched to investigate report of flames visible in Washington
27) Jan 25 - 97 and 525 sent for an ALS Medical in Washington
26) Jan 25 - 97 and 505 dispatched at 0158 for an ALS Medical in Washington
25) Jan 23 - 97 dispatched for a tree blocking Weisstown Road the roadway in Washington
24) Jan 22 - Co's 58, 39, 97 and Medic 505 were dispatched at 1856 hours to an MVA with unknown injuries on Huffs Church Rd in Hereford Twp, Additional calls reported entrapment with 2 vehicles head on. Chief 58 arrived and confirmed entrapment and advised Rescue 97 it would be a rapid extrication to go into service with the Hurst Edraulic tools. Personnel from 58 and 97 worked together and quickly extricated the patient by removing doors and the roof, patient was transported by Medic 505-1, Medic 575 was also on scene to transport another patient from the accident.
23) Jan 22 - 97 dispatched at request of EMS for assist in removing patient from second floor of residence in Washington
18-22) BUSY SUNDAY on January 21.
It started at 0319 hours, when 97 and 505 were dispatched for an ALS Medical in Washington Twp. Medics needed additional help with the patient in the home and during transport. Two EBFD firefighters rode in the ambulance to provide assistance.
At 1326 hours, while firefighters and their families were enjoying their annual post-holiday dinner at the Bechtelsville station in the banquet hall of Keystone Fire Company.97 was dispatched to assist EMS at an ALS Medical in Bechtelsville. Attack 97 responded to assist.
At 1345 hours, while the remainder of the crew and their families continued to enjoy an excellent meal, Engine 97-1 (out of the Bally Station) was dispatched to assist Topton on a 2nd Alarm house fire in the Mertztown area of Longswamp. Since most crew members were already at Bechtelsville, Engine 97 (out of Bechtelsville) responded in place of Engine 97-1. Other firefighters returned to the Bally station to stand-by in case of other calls, or more help was need in Longswamp.
At 1503 hours, while still at the Bally station, 97 , along with 95 and 19 to help cover, were sent for a Carbon Monoxide Alarm in the basement of a residence in Washington. Engine 97-1, Brush 97-1, Attack 97 and Tanker 97 covered that assignment, and 95 and 19 were recalled.
In the meantime, Engine 97 was released from the fire scene in Longswamp and asked to stand-by at Topton's station while they overhauled their fire scene and secured their hose and equipment
17) - Jan 19 - 39, 58, 97 and 505 dispatched for a Hazardous Material Incident with symptoms on Dale Road in Hereford Township.
16) Jan 19 - 97 and 505 dispatched at 1522 hours for a multi-vehicle MVA with injuries on Main St (Rt 100) in Bally. Chief 97 arrived to find all lanes blocked and ordered fire police to shut down the roadway and divert traffic. Fire crews controlled hazards and assisted EMS with patient care. Traffic was detoured off off Main Street for 75 minutes while victims were treated, police investigated, and the wreckage was cleared.
15) Jan 18 - Sent with EMS for ALS Medical in Washington
14) Jan 17 - 97 and 505 were dispatched at 0535 hours on a snowy morning, to a MVA unknown injuries in the 200 block of Heydts School House Rd, Washington Twp. Notes indicated one vehicle over an embankment. Captain 97 arrived on location and reported a vehicle on its side in a creek bed. Deputy 97 arrived and reported no one in or around the vehicle. Deputy 97 held the Rescue at the Bally station, and had Attack 97 proceed with caution on the snowy roads. Thanks to the Fire Police, PSP and Berks Mont Towing for the assistance!
13) Jan 12 - 97 and EMS sent for a BLS Trauma in Washington
12) Jan 12 - 97 dispatched at 0143 hours for an AFA at a commercial structure in Bally
11) Jan 10 - 95, Montg 67, 97 (RIT) and 525 dispatched for possible structure fire in Colebrookdale
10) Jan 8 - 97 sent for the report of a Carbon Monoxide Alarm in Washington
9) Jan 7 - Fire Police from 97, 58 and 39 dispatched by PSP for traffic control on Main St in Bally. 58 and 39 recalled when sufficient personnel from 97 responded.
8) Jan 7 - 97 and EMS dispatched for an ALS Trauma in Bally
7) Jan 7 - 97 dispatched at 0015 hours to assist EMS in Washington
6) Jan 5 - 97 and 505 dispatched for a pediatric ALS Medical in Washington
5) Jan 4 - 97 sent for a residential AFA in Washington
4) Jan 4 - 97 dispatched to assist Montg 67 on an AFA off Hoffmansville Road in Douglass Montg
3) Jan 3 - 97 and 39 were sent to assist 505 on location with moving a patient to the medic unit. While responding, fire units were advised this might be carbon monoxide related.
2) Jan 3 - Co 97, Medic 505-2 and Co 97 and 95 Fire Police were dispatched to an MVA/UNK, reported 3 vehicles, Deputy 97 arrived and reported 2 vehicles in traffic, EMS evaluated the patients, 97 personnel mitigated fluids and cleaned debris, Berks-Mont towing handled the tow, Co 95 FP assisted with traffic control.
1) Jan 1) Eastern Berks Fire received its first dispatch of 2018 on January 1st at 0512 hours when 97 and 505 were sent for an MVA with injuries at 2nd and Main Streets in Bally. The vehicle traveled through the corner of a cemetery before hitting two road signs and a a pole. Crews assisted EMS with gaining access to the patient and once EMS transported, fire was made available within thirty minutes of dispatch.